Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Final Shipment - Requested 9/17/21 - DELIVERED 11/6/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, after complaining up a storm late last year/early this year and I felt like a hypocrite, but I had 3 cards in my port that I really wanted, I needed to face the beast again. I just could not abandon them. After seeing some minimal movement in the right direction, I decided that I'd request another shipment and just suffer through it. Once I made that decision, and the fact that the Dodgers were adding new roster players at a record pace, i ended up buying some additional credit to grab a few more cheap cards.

Several months later, I now have 56 cards and I was finally able to get my credit down to 8 cents and make that shipment request! I just requested what is very likely my last ever COMC shipment. I will not say for certain, but they don't seem to care enough to fix what broke, so we'll see. Estimated ship time in September of 2021 is still 3 months out?! So much for hiring more folks and getting through the backlog. Perhaps that prompted more folks to request shipments who were holding out or perhaps people just don't care and want their cards at any cost, even if it a vendor shitting on them in the process!

Here it is as soon as it was completed. Let's see how accurate this will be with three quarter million items in front of me. I'll try to track updates periodically to see if anything changes much.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.42.41 PM.png

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 4.22.11 PM.pngI thousand items in roughly a day? Seems that they could do way better than that with a professional warehouse and staff! This will be a fun experiment in following the progress.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
View attachment 312242I thousand items in roughly a day? Seems that they could do way better than that with a professional warehouse and staff! This will be a fun experiment in following the progress.

I'm sure they shipped more than a thousand items in a day, but a bunch of eBay sales and express shipping requests also got added ahead of your shipment. It won't move at all for a couple of days then all of a sudden the number will decrease by 50,000 in a day...it averages a lot more than a thousand per day. But you know that old saying, a watched pot never boils. It'll only move if you don't look.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Oh, I am going to watch this pot! No weekend update (2 items shipped since yesterday?). This is how they could be catching up, but that cuts into profits!!

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 4.52.05 PM.png

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
There are constantly cards added ahead of your flat rate order (Rush and Express). When I tracked my last rush order (.50/additional per card) it started with 250,000 items ahead of me...took 14 days before shipping (included Labor Day Weekend) and received items 3 days later. They missed their expected deliver date by 6 days. 1st time that happened in 5 shipments this year.

mrmorpar - In the end, there are many deals to be had and still worth making purchases PROVIDED you don't mind waiting a LONG time (or paying a little extra for a 10-14 day turn around).

What if magically a rare Garvey NEED that never surfaces for years (decades) pops up on COMC, would you pass it up?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It would depend on the card really. I am doubtful that any card I REALLY wanted would pop up on COMC and be seen by me in time to buy it. Every day that passes pushes me slowly towards the end of this game. In fact, I was thinking about doing a post to admit how disconnected I really am. I was scanning listings of a consignment seller named dcsports87 and was absolutely amazed at the prices so many cards were bringing, nearly all of them of guys I have never even heard of. Is this Gary V type money pumping into brand new issues? I mean, who in their right mind is paying so much for this stuff that will mostly most-likely crash? It's mind blowing. I have been around this a very long time and have seen a lot of changes, but the last decade or so is just moving this hobby so far away from a hobby anymore that I just can't continue to hang. It used to be the term lottery applied, but we have moved beyond even that...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I won't do this daily, but when it doesn't slip my mind...

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.36.08 PM.png

And to answer the question I passed over, I do mind waiting this long AND/OR paying a fee to jump ahead of others. No other business that I am aware of, selling a product they have in their hand, needs anywhere near this long to deliver. The excuses don't hold water anymore. If collectors are willing to change their expectations and settle into 3-4 month shipping as the norm, more power to them. i am not one of them though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here are some examples. I don't need anyone giving me a lesson on who any of these guys are (i don't care) or why a box of this particular FB product is a bargain at close to a grand. I know who Ellsbury is, and it is a bat barrel, but some of those actually used to be affordable. I just don't get any of these purchases and that is fine. There is still an hour left too. I'm sure some will go even higher! As I said before, I am clearly disconnected!

I will always say, to each their own. Collect what you like, but how is it that this many people have this kind of spare cash to spend on cards? I have made some hefty purchases in my time, some that others would probably question, but I have been collecting for 40+ years and my goal is not to spend huge sums and get the best or the hottest. i look for bargains, odd stuff, etc. I buy what I like and try to spend as little as I can get away with.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.40.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.39.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.40.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.41.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.42.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 5.42.59 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Interesting, have not checked in a bit. My estimated ship date has changed for the first time. Although I like the direction this is going, I won't get my hopes up quite yet. That was almost 2 months shaved off the wait time since 9/25 if I believe this update. That leaves them less than 1 month to knock out those 500K items in front of my order. They have supposedly shipped over 250K items that were ahead of mine since I started this tracker. on 9/17. Using that same math, 11/2 isn't going to happen. I guess we'll see...

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 7.59.42 PM.png

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I haven't ordered any cards from COMC since late last year. The wait time is just too long now. I used to find some of my best deals on there but now I'm just mainly sticking to eBay. It's a shame that they just can't seem to get their act together anymore in terms of reducing the shipping times to close to what they were but they don't even seem to care.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
On my most recent economy shipping order placed 7/14/21, it originally had an estimated ship date in November. I think it started with 1.2 million cards ahead of mine? The estimated ship date kept getting earlier and earlier for a while, I think it was mid-September at one point. But as it got closer to mid-September the date kept moving back...this week it was still showing about 100,000 cards ahead of mine but it shipped 10/7/21 (and I received it 10/8 since I live in the town it shipped from). So they beat the estimate by a month, but it still took a week short of three months to ship. Better than the 7+ months it took earlier this year but not good enough yet.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It will be harder come baseball season. That is the one of the main reasons I went back for a 2nd shipment. That and I had 4 cards in my port that I just didn't want to abandon. I decided that since I needed to face another shipment, I might as well buy the new Dodger autos I needed for 2021.

I have been a loud and negative voice against COMC since last November when I requested my previous shipment and everything had gone to hell, but I still maintain that I could see a return if things ever got back to normal. I hate to think that this kind of delay could be excused, because it has not been, but they are one of the best sources for cheap cards in quantity (as long as sellers are posting reasonable prices).

I've gone almost a month since buying anything and frankly, nothing has come up that made me want to search them. There is a Garvey card I wouldn't mind having with a specific serial number, but it is bloated in it's asking price, so even that is not enticing me to make a new purchase.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, back to the original estimated ship date, with close to half the number of items to ship first, originally in front of me. Good thing this tracking is meaningless. These guys are bozos!

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 8.56.21 PM.png

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Here are some examples. I don't need anyone giving me a lesson on who any of these guys are (i don't care) or why a box of this particular FB product is a bargain at close to a grand. I know who Ellsbury is, and it is a bat barrel, but some of those actually used to be affordable. I just don't get any of these purchases and that is fine. There is still an hour left too. I'm sure some will go even higher! As I said before, I am clearly disconnected!

I will always say, to each their own. Collect what you like, but how is it that this many people have this kind of spare cash to spend on cards? I have made some hefty purchases in my time, some that others would probably question, but I have been collecting for 40+ years and my goal is not to spend huge sums and get the best or the hottest. i look for bargains, odd stuff, etc. I buy what I like and try to spend as little as I can get away with.

View attachment 312368View attachment 312369View attachment 312370View attachment 312371View attachment 312372View attachment 312373

I agree with the confusion here. Where is everyone gettingtbhis money that is blwoing this bubble? I t has to be spec investment like REIs. I wanted to buy a box of 1990 topps to rip for fun with a buddy. Why the HECK are they selling for 40 to 60 bucks? There is NOTHING in a 1990 topps box to chase. you're NOT getting a Thomas NNOF.

That Ellsbury bat barrel is ridiculous. He's a washed up has been who never was. And I am a Sox fan.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I agree with the confusion here. Where is everyone gettingtbhis money that is blwoing this bubble? I t has to be spec investment like REIs. I wanted to buy a box of 1990 topps to rip for fun with a buddy. Why the HECK are they selling for 40 to 60 bucks? There is NOTHING in a 1990 topps box to chase. you're NOT getting a Thomas NNOF.

That Ellsbury bat barrel is ridiculous. He's a washed up has been who never was. And I am a Sox fan.
Same here. I was looking at a box of 1988 Score and it was like $50 including shipping. Yet, a complete set was just $12 shipped.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Even with prices seemingly down from 3-4 months ago when it was even worse, the prices average things are selling for are questionable at best. That is great that people are buying junk at record prices (for the sellers), but it is driving long time collectors to the brink of tossing in the towel. It will pass, like all the other weird trends, but it is irritating to say the least.

88 Score sets used to sit on junk piles at shops at $5 asking price (with no shipping!). There can't be any way within reason that demand has caught up with supply on that stuff. NO WAY!

Members online