Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool young card collector’s story here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I already sent a small care package of cards via her father at his school where he is principal.

Sean Osterberg
c/o Sierra High School
33326 Lodge Rd
Tollhouse, CA 93667

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I already sent a small care package of cards via her father at his school where he is principal.

Sean Osterberg
c/o Sierra High School
33326 Lodge Rd
Tollhouse, CA 93667

Same! Had an extra Posey RC that went in the mail along with some more Giants.

Losing my collection at 9 would’ve been terrible. I probably would have stopped collecting.

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010

Losing my collection at 9 would’ve been terrible. I probably would have stopped collecting.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have any Posey cards so I tried to just send some from players from California teams. Im sure she will enjoy them. 😀

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

I think about that every once in a while. While losing a home and all your belongings to a fire at any age, especially 9, is traumatic, I think 9 yo me could have restarted collecting for sure. I didn't have much to lose at that time. I was 9 when first I started collecting cards.

If my house burned now, I would be devastated personally. I would definitely be done collecting. A lot of $$ would be lost, but more importantly, a lot of cool stuff would be lost to the world. I don't expect to collect forever and I can't take it with me. I am simply borrowing some of this stuff until a new owner takes possession in the future. I don't have a lot of unique things most would care about, but probably at least a few 1/1 items would be gone forever. I have some stuff that is pretty scare as well and losing it would reduce the count of items available. Fire (flooding too) is a scary thought when it comes to collectibles, and one that may be hard or impossible to properly plan to fight or avoid.

Great story and one the family won't forget.

Members online