Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coronavirus Thread

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So I thought with everything going on maybe there should be an ongoing thread started about this virus. From what I see and read there is some media that are driving this virus to be an epic pandemic that people should absolutely live in fear of to the total opposite end of the spectrum where Dr. Drew and Co. amongst others are saying "shut up media, you don't know what you're talking about" and that this is all being blown waaaay out of proportion. The jury on this virus has just started deliberations so I don't think any of us have any clue as to how it's going to truly play out. So are we overreacting? I don't know. Italy has basically shut down the entire country and news reports by the hour are coming up with all kinds of containment announcements, possible sporting events not allowing fans, businesses putting new practices in place that include working from home and many other precautionary measures as well.

I know personally for me I live in Ohio and work at Cedar Point. We take in International workers from all over the world to work at this park and I have been told that we will not be taking anyone from China and that's all I know as of now. I'm sure there will be other countries that we will not be taking Internationals from if they haven't already been added. So if you guys want to post what's going on near you, the company you work for and steps that they're taking or just your comments in general I thought this might be an interesting read to see how this mountain or molehill plays out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

247couponcodes

Mar 11, 2020
I don't understand all this hype about Coronavirus. The fatality rate is somewhere around 2% and anyone with normal condition and immune system is easily able to recover. Many countries (including Italy) are completely locked-down. Chill guys, there's nothing to worry about, it's just a normal flu

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So I've thought about this and I've come up with 3 common sense, fundamental rules that I think should be implemented on these boards soley for the health and well-being of our cherished members:

1) If using a computer while on freedomcardboard, PLEASE USE RUBBER GLOVES WHILE TYPING.

2) If using the freedomcardboard mobile app or Tapatalk app and you want to use talk-to-text, PLEASE USE A FACEMASK. (Although IF you do this please double-check your spelling because instead of saying "Oh no, I think I have the coronavirus" it will most likely type out "Hey Joe, I stink now come and find us") That of course would be of no help to anyone here so just be careful there if this method is used.

3) If you think you are having symptoms of this deadly virus, PLEASE QUARANTINE YOURSELF AND DO NOT LOGIN TO THIS WEBSITE FOR A PERIOD OF 14 DAYS. This should include anyone who's thinking of simply lurking as well.

Again, these are just some common sense approaches that I feel we should all consider to STOP any potential spreading of this virus on our beloved boards or to it's members!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I don't understand all this hype about Coronavirus. The fatality rate is somewhere around 2% and anyone with normal condition and immune system is easily able to recover. Many countries (including Italy) are completely locked-down. Chill guys, there's nothing to worry about, it's just a normal flu
Fatality rate of the flu is much lower, around .2%, so the mortality rate may be 10 times higher for the Wuhan Virus. Plus, Wuhan seems to spread much more efficiently. So if more people catch it, more high risk people could be in serious danger.

The reason Italy is locked down is because their hospitals are overwhelmed and they do not have emergency equipment to treat everyone experiencing respiratory failure. It may be because of Italy's aging population or a more dangerous strain, we just don't know. At this point, it's smart to play it safe.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So you are locked in a large room with 99 other people. Someone comes in and says 2 of you are going to DIE! Well now that would be a different story now won't it.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So you are locked in a large room with 99 other people. Someone comes in and says 2 of you are going to DIE! Well now that would be a different story now won't it.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
All this from another internet troll. Bravo !

Sportegan

Mar 16, 2020
In China, there is a large crowding of the population, so everything is so stormy.
We already have cases of the disease, but I don’t think there will be a lot of them.
arvi,Coronavirus , flu, all the same, in principle, flows with the same symptoms. Until they sow, they don’t understand who is there.
No need to read the news to disturbing people.;)

Last edited:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Anyone else thinking about buying a full face respirator? Could be handy to have if things get nasty over the next 3-4 weeks and they are only $45 or so.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Gun shop by me has about 200 people lined up outside, cars and trucks double parked on both sides of the road. scary looking.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
So far, 5 students from U of Tampa, who partied at beach last week for Spring Break, have tested positive for CV.

Only one is showing symptoms so far...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
US coronavirus death toll rises as hard-hit areas restrict testing.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...-restrict-testing/ar-BB11wD3I?ocid=spartanntp

" As the coronavirus pandemic grows and more states order residents to stay home, officials are making a tough choice to only test high-risk patients and those who are severely ill. "

This is the first statement in the link above. I will add some things that they missed.

As the coronavirus pandemic grows and more states order residents to stay home, officials are making a tough choice to only test high-risk patients and those who are severely ill, are health care workers, first responders, politicians, sports stars, movies stars the very rich or are Kris Jenner.

So the average person under 65 who may or may not be sick, you will be tested when you're in the morgue.

Last edited:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Translated from Spain:

Keep in mind this is advice for the medical personnel who are in regular contact with the infected; no need to be paranoid or apply the "every 20 minutes" advice. It's also consistent with other information that is being passed around by informed European sources.

The Chinese now understand the behaviour of the covid19 virus thanks to autopsies that have carried out. This virus is characterized by obstructing respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. They have discovered that in order to apply a medicine and unblock these airways so that the treatment can be used to take affect. However, all of this takes a number of days.

Their recommendations for what you can do to safeguard yourself are
Drink lots of hot liquids. Coffees, soups, teas, warm water. In addition take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any virus that’s entered your mouth into your stomach where gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get to the lungs.

Gargle with an antiseptic in warm water, like vinegar, or salt, or lemon, every day if possible.

The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes, any detergent or soap kills it, but you must take a bath or shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere and go straight to the bathroom and shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in direct sunlight which also neutralizes the virus.

Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable for up to nine days. Take note and be vigilant about touching handrails and door handles, etc. I guess within your own houses you can keep those clean by wiping them down regularly.

Don’t smoke.

Wash your hands every 20 minutes using any soap that foams, do this for 20 seconds and wash your hands thoroughly.

Eat fruits and vegetables. Try to elevate your zinc level not just vitamin C levels.

Animals do not spread the virus to people. It is person-to-person transmission.

Try to avoid getting the common flu, I guess because this just already weakens your system. And try avoid eating and drinking cold things.

If you feel any discomfort in your throat, or a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way and remains for 3 or 4 days within the throat before it passes into the lungs.

Members online

Latest posts