Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coronavirus Thread

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@phillyfan0417 @hive17 From your laptop/desktop, can you take a look at on the main forum page to see if you can toggle the setting to "expose" the parent category that Anything Goes lives in? Here is a screenshot of where it is (red arrow pointing to it). Take a peek there to see if that self-fixes you Hive:
XpQUd3C.jpg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
@phillyfan0417 @hive17 From your laptop/desktop, can you take a look at on the main forum page to see if you can toggle the setting to "expose" the parent category that Anything Goes lives in? Here is a screenshot of where it is (red arrow pointing to it). Take a peek there to see if that self-fixes you Hive:
XpQUd3C.jpg

That didn't work...I tried to go in to every mod area and it seems like it should show...maybe individual members need to do that?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That didn't work...I tried to go in to every mod area and it seems like it should show...maybe individual members need to do that?

That's what I'm thinking, it shows for me too. Hopefully Hive just needs to manually toggle his setting to see it? Not sure how he frequents threads. I normally go to "New posts" first, then "Baseball", then through the others. I tried looking into his settings as well and couldn't find anything helpful there.

Seems like we may hear less and less about the "Trump" drug...

I'll speak to my infectious disease colleagues, but let's be very clear. This medication was being used to treat COVID19 long before the president made his announcement.

On the front lines, physicians do not have the time to wait for randomized placebo controlled studies when patients are on vents, coding and/or dying. They'll throw the kitchen sink. Preliminary anecdotal evidence suggested that this combination appeared to show clinical benefit.

To put it in context, it's like fighting a war without guns, and you throwing a gallon of paint at an enemy, and then later learning that a gallon may not actually kill your enemy.

Clinical trials have started all over the world. To date the US has more vaccines in development and in trials than the rest of the world combined.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
XpQUd3C.jpg
Good lookin' out, but that didn't help.

MS IE is a trainwreck for this new program, so I switched to Chrome, which is better (I can actually see that toggle for instance), but all the toggle does is minimize the whole Off-Topic area. But Anything Goes has "gone" for me.

@phillyfan0417 , any news?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm not surprised Little Marco shut down the AG forum section...he was having a rough time in there.

I know I know, the rules of engagement or something

LOL

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As potential treatments seem to fall apart, CV seems to be causing excessive clotting, leading to strokes, even in young healthy patients...

2E5B3A81-9987-4E4F-841B-455352D24AD5.png

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not surprised Little Marco shut down the AG forum section...he was having a rough time in there.

LOL

Says the guy who disappears from that forum when things get tough to talk about...

phillyfan0417

Administrator

LOL

LOL

Sorry, i dont own the site anymore and the new software the NEW owner put in place is taking time to figure out.

But thanks for the kid words! PErhaps you can vent more in the Jake Peavy thread!

LOL

Latest posts