Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could you see A-Rod playing Japan if banned for life?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
This thought crossed my mind the other day. Many NBA players go play overseas when they are older and can't compete as well here in the US.

Could you see A-Rod going to Japan to play? Do you Japanese teams would want him?

If he can't play here, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to play there, if he was physically able to do so. He could just be content and retire without playing another inning.

What do you think he would do, provided he gets a lifetime ban?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
My impression is that the Japanese would consider him dishonorable and wouldn't want him. Manny played in Taiwan, so maybe they don't care there.

But I can't see ARod playing anywhere other than the best - the MLB - just because of his ego... which got him into this mess to begin with.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Despite being fantastically rich no matter what happens from this point on, I honestly believe if you strip Arod of all the fame, media spotlight, ability to play professional baseball in the states, all that will be left is a guy who wants to play, wants to compete. To that end it would not surprise me to see him play anywhere he could.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know but if I was that rich, I'd just buy a yacht and mess around in the Caribbean the rest of my life drinking and fishing.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Despite being fantastically rich no matter what happens from this point on, I honestly believe if you strip Arod of all the fame, media spotlight, ability to play professional baseball in the states, all that will be left is a guy who wants to play, wants to compete. To that end it would not surprise me to see him play anywhere he could.

Yup. His ego is what drives him.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Maybe not at first, but if he wants attention...

Indy leagues are for players who can never make it and the MLB guys who won't let go like the Pedro Feliz and Ponson and Alfonseca and Ben Smith type players not generation superstars that are worth hundreds of millions.

If AROD needs attention in a few years he'll go to Scores not playing for 1k a month in front of 800 people

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Indy leagues are for players who can never make it and the MLB guys who won't let go like the Pedro Feliz and Ponson and Alfonseca and Ben Smith type players not generation superstars that are worth hundreds of millions.

If AROD needs attention in a few years he'll go to Scores not playing for 1k a month in front of 800 people

Jose Canseco, Rickey Henderson, Darryl Strawberry, Minnie Minoso, Vladimir Guerrero, Jack Morris, Juan Berenguer, and Roger Clemens all played indy ball at some point in their careers, not too mention a host of other current MLBers, like Max Scherzer and Tanner Scheppers. Those are the ones that I know off the top of my head.

I also seem to recall Clemens getting LOADS of publicity for the whopping 7 innings of his career that he spent pitching for the Skeeters.

As far as game attendance, many teams draw far more than 800 per game. The St. Paul Saints average roughly 6,000 a game, as one example.

Latest posts