Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

d2r's official 2019 Atlanta Braves compulsive posting team chat thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chippernate

But he’s a righty hahaha and yea, I don’t think Allard was gonna stay here but woulda liked to see him in a package deal for a Thor or someone like that, with Ender and duvall playing like this, it’s clear our focus needs to be pitching and pitching only, maaaaaybe throw flowers in a deal and throw a cardboard box up behind the plate on his days to start

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
But he’s a righty hahaha and yea, I don’t think Allard was gonna stay here but woulda liked to see him in a package deal for a Thor or someone like that, with Ender and duvall playing like this, it’s clear our focus needs to be pitching and pitching only, maaaaaybe throw flowers in a deal and throw a cardboard box up behind the plate on his days to start

LOL, see....he's such an unheard of relief pitcher that the announcers don't know what arm he pitches with.

I had to google his name myself. I remembered a prospect named Chris Martin but that was so long ago I thought it couldn't be him.....well, maybe it was cuz this guy is 33 years old.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Eh I doubt it was him, said he stopped pitching after high school or something and had a try out for Boston like 8 years after high school in like 2015 or something. Just hope this trade doesn’t come back to bite us

Apparently this guy was pitching in the Japanese league a couple years ago.

The guy does have an outstanding walk rate so it makes a little sense to get him (our pen has given up more walks than any other team) but couldn't we have gotten him for some prospect outside or at the very bottom of our top 30?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Braves acquire Shane Greene from DET for Joey Wentz + Travis Demeritte. Source: Robert Murray

Alex Jackson may also be part of it, not yet confirmed.

Members online