Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damaged FedEx Shipment

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Has anyone ever had any experience with a damaged Ground parcel from FedEx. An item I shipped was damaged and they decided it was inadequately packed and they aren't going to pay the insurance claim. I've packed thousands of items, and if this was poorly packed then every package ever shipped has been poorly packed. The buyer told me it was the best packed parcel he's ever received.

I'd like to hear anyone's similar experiences, positive or negative.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
how was it packed?
Triple wrapped with small gauge bubble wrap then rewrapped with large gauge bubble wrap with the rest of the space in the box filled with bubble wrap. When I dropped it off they tried everything at Kinkos to get the thing to move around but couldn't.

Having packed thousands of parcels I feel confident I know what I'm doing.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
DRav87 said:
Good luck filing a claim. It is like pulling teeth with Fed Ex.
That's how it looks. From what I'm reading online they auto-decline all, or nearly all, damage claims and make you fight them tooth-and-nail for a resolution. It appears that often-times the only option is to file in small-claims court where they won't fight you.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
DRav87 said:
I can be. But I would have the buyer take some pictures of the box you put it in. If it was repacked by them and it still got to buyer
in a bad state. I would cal them and ask to speak to someone higher then you spoke too. Keep hammering on them, they can not get away with this :twisted:

I used to work for Ground (FedEx) and we dealt with this all the time. If you push you can usually get the results you want, but you will have to stay on them. Good Luck hope it works out for you.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Pine Tar said:
DRav87 said:
I can be. But I would have the buyer take some pictures of the box you put it in. If it was repacked by them and it still got to buyer
in a bad state. I would cal them and ask to speak to someone higher then you spoke too. Keep hammering on them, they can not get away with this :twisted:

I used to work for Ground (FedEx) and we dealt with this all the time. If you push you can usually get the results you want, but you will have to stay on them. Good Luck hope it works out for you.
Thanks for the information.

What they actually did was go to the buyer and pick up the package and they shipped it back to me without even asking. They told me that was "protocol." I wish they had asked, because the buyer wanted to keep the item and work something out. It cost $50 to ship.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Jastermereel said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Jastermereel said:
phillyfan0417 said:
what was the damage?
The glass was broken on an old Pam Clock.

was the box damaged?
No it wasn't. The buyer said he heard the driver "throw" the box onto his porch.
The assumption seems that if the box isnt damaged, its automatically your fault iff the contents break. You probably need to go over the heads of the people who answer the phone.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Jastermereel said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Jastermereel said:
phillyfan0417 said:
what was the damage?
The glass was broken on an old Pam Clock.

was the box damaged?
No it wasn't. The buyer said he heard the driver "throw" the box onto his porch.
The assumption seems that if the box isnt damaged, its automatically your fault iff the contents break. You probably need to go over the heads of the people who answer the phone.
Thanks. That's what I'll do. It would have taken some major negligence to break this thing.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Jastermereel said:
DRav87 said:
That's how it looks. From what I'm reading online they auto-decline all, or nearly all, damage claims and make you fight them tooth-and-nail for a resolution. It appears that often-times the only option is to file in small-claims court where they won't fight you.
My Mom owns a shipping store and has had to file claims with Fed Ex and it is never worth the effort you have to put in. They make you jump through so many hoops from taking pictures of the damage to proving the value the of item and then they rarely ever compensate you accurately, if at all.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
you could always try the BBB. some companies dont give a rats ass about the BBB, but some do. you could also contact your local news channel, a lot of them have little segments where they help consumers.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
I hate wnenever I see that someone sent me a package with FedEx. The driver just throws the package over my fence. Luckily nothing fas been damaged. The UPS drivers come to my back gate and place it inside.

Latest posts