Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dilferules's 1988-present Oakland A's autograph thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
One today:

felizmichael.jpgMichael Feliz - Reliever picked up on waivers September 20, designated for assignment September 27. In between he faced 3 batters and only got one of them out.

Up to 611/692.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Two in today:

chafinandrew12limited.jpgAndrew Chafin - Reliever has been excellent since he was picked up from the Cubs mid-season. His Bowman Chrome auto is weirdly difficult to find and pricey, so I settled for this one.

martincody.jpgCody Martin - Pitched 4 games for the A's in 2015, starting and ending two. Not the same two games...he had a 14.00 ERA in 9 innings.

613/692, needs are now below 80.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
kozmapete.jpgPete Kozma - No gain on this one, he slipped in for 3 games at the end of the 2021 season.

So that's 614/693. Not a lot of pickups recently but my latest COMC order just shipped today so I should have a decent pile of new autographs soon.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Alright, got enough cards in my COMC shipment that I'll have to split it over 2 posts.

acevedodomingo16bc.jpgDomingo Acevedo - Formerly a starting pitching prospect, made his MLB debut this year with the A's as a reliever and coughed up 3 homers in 11 innings.

appierkevin18tarch.jpgKevin Appier- Great for the Royals but pretty mediocre in his season and a half with the A's, 1999-2000. At least the three guys they traded for him were total duds.

bedrosiancam14bsterling.jpgCam Bedrosian - Relieved 9 games for the 2021 A's...his ERA was only 2.00 but his peripherals were crappy and he was released.

belitztodd98teambest.jpgTodd Belitz - Gave up 4 hits and 4 walks in 3.1 innings for the 2000 A's.

fasanosal96leafsigb.jpgSal Fasano - One of those replacement-level backup catchers that had a long career bouncing between the majors and minors. Lived up to that by putting up 0 WAR for the 2000-01 A's.

garciaaramis14bc.jpgAramis Garcia - Picked up from the Rangers in the Khris Davis/Elvis Andrus trade with hopes of backing up Sean Murphy, but absolutely stunk it up this year. Released in September.

guerradeolis07bsterling.jpgDeolis Guerra - Pretty mediocre pitching in relief for 53 games this year.

irvincole19bc.jpgCole Irvin - Purchased from the Phillies before spring training and started 32 games. Can't ask for much more than that. I guess not leading the league in losses would have been nice.

kolarekadam19prizm.jpgAdam Kolarek - Picked up in a trade with the Dodgers before the season and was absolute hot garbage in 12 games.

lorraineandrew94sr.jpgAndrew Lorraine - A bit of a prospect at one time, the A's picked him up from the White Sox for Danny Tartabull. He did not pan out.

Continued in next post...

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
mcmichaelgreg96leafsigu.jpgGreg McMichael - Tossed in with Jason Isringhausen from the Mets for Billy Taylor, Isringhausen worked out great but McMichael was a dud.

valdezmario99spsig.jpgMario Valdez - Played 37 games for the 2000-01 A's. Never appeared in the majors after that but played pro ball in Mexico all the way up to 2015.

vosberged96leafsigu.jpgEd Vosberg - Was okay in 16 appearances for the 1994 A's. Amazingly his pro career, between minors, majors, and foreign leagues, spanned 1983-2007.

witasickjay04udprosigs.jpgJay Witasick - Had two three-season stints with the A's during his 12-year career. I always liked him but really of those 6 seasons maybe one half season was decent.

And a couple of upgrades:

gregersonluke16optic.jpgLuke Gregerson - Upgraded from a logoless Astros card to a logoless A's card.

lowriejed19tarch14topps.jpgJed Lowrie - Three different stints with the A's as a starting second baseman, but his only A's certified autos are in Archives buyback products. This is an upgrade from several early-career Red Sox autographs.

Those 14 additions put me at 628/693, only 65 to go and I'm over the 90% mark. I hope to reduce the numbers by a lot more before the 2022 season starts and there are some new players.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Seeing those Leaf Signature Series cards reminded me...I have a Chris Hammond 1996 Leaf Signature Silver (in a Marlins uniform). Looks like he had a stint with the A's bullpen in '04. Do you have him already?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Seeing those Leaf Signature Series cards reminded me...I have a Chris Hammond 1996 Leaf Signature Silver (in a Marlins uniform). Looks like he had a stint with the A's bullpen in '04. Do you have him already?
Yep...mine is only the bronze version of that card, but it'll do. Hope to get one of his A's cards signed some day.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I see a few more Dodgers in your latest batches. I have that same Kolarek. Someone has one of the Topps online boxed WS cards signed TTM/IP and they are asking $100!!! I would love to have it, as it may be tough to find many Dodger cards of him. I'd maybe give $10 for it, but I laugh at $100. Sometimes it is just an effort in frustration trying to collect team themed autographs, especially if you are less than patient.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That's weird I thought I posted this one when I got it on October 28th in the mail (TTM), here it is again:

millerdamian.jpgDamian Miller - Filled in well at catcher for a year between the Ramon Hernandez and Jason Kendall eras.

Up to 629/693. Just went on an ebay spree which will drop my needs list below 50 in the next couple weeks.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Got 19 autos in from eBay recently so I'll have to spread them over two posts.

abadfernando.jpgFernando Abad - Pitched 131 games for the A's 2014-15 but didn't get a single A's card. Fernando Abad was a better Abad than Andy Abad.

bitkerjoe.jpgJoe Bitker - Pitched a single game for the A's (0 runs in 3 innings!) and 14 more for Texas. Does have an A's card in 1991 Topps Debut but that'll be tough to locate signed.

coulombedaniel.jpgDaniel Coulombe - Reliever pitched parts of 4 seasons with the A's. A bit of a tough signer so I was thrilled when I saw this card come up for auction, I had only seen signed A's photos previously.

gearrincory.jpgCory Gearrin - Pitched 6 games for the 2018 A's.

guzmanjohnny.jpgJohnny Guzman - Pitched 7 games for the 1991-92 teams and that was it for his MLB career.

hatcherchris.jpgChris Hatcher - Pitched 57 games for the 2017-18 A's to wrap up his 8-year MLB career.

hiljuserik.jpgErik Hiljus - Started 20 games for the 2001-02 A's and spent all of 2003 at the A's AAA squad but never made it back to the majors.

leiperdave.jpgDave Leiper - This was my third try at a dang Dave Leiper autograph. Bought one on eBay about a year ago and it never showed up. Then I sent a TTM request but gave up on that after 4+ months and bought this one.

lesherbrian.jpgBrian Lesher - Hit great in the minors but not in the majors.

mercadoorlando.jpgOrlando Mercado - Made it into 16 games in 1988 as a third-string catcher but UD thought that was good enough to give him an A's card. Ah the '80s.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
(continued)

murphydonnie.jpgDonnie Murphy - Utility infielder on the 2007-08 teams did not hit much. Has coached and managed in the Blue Jays system recently.

orfnate.jpgNate Orf - Went 0 for 7 in 6 games for the 2020 A's.

puntonick05udprosigs.jpgNick Punto - Better remembered for his time on the Twins, he finished his career with 73 games for the 2014 A's. He got an A's card in that year's Topps Update set so maybe I can find that signed at some point.

rodriguezfernando.jpgFernando Rodriguez - Was a solid reliever in parts of 3 seasons for the A's, 2014-16, but never made it back to the majors.

smithchad.jpgChad Smith - Gave up 5 runs in 1.1 innings for the 2015 A;'s, with a spectacular 6.00 WHIP.

stottlemyretodd.jpgTodd Stottlemyre - Was so-so in a single season with the A's but did notch 14 wins. Traded to the Cardinals for 4 players, and the best of the 4 by far was Jay Witasick so not a great deal.

venafromike.jpgMike Venafro - Mediocre in 47 games in 2002. He did get an A's card in 2002 UD 40-Man so hopefully I can get a signed one of those someday.

watsonmatt.jpgMatt Watson - In between his short 2005 and 2010 stints with the A's he played in Japan, Mexico, and Korea.

wolfross.jpgRoss Wolf - Relieved 11 games for the A's in 2010.

With those 19 additions I'm up to 648/693, 45 to go!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A few more Dodger crossovers.

When I was going to Olympic College in Bremerton in the mid 90s, one of my teachers was related to Todd Stottlemyre. I don't remember the details, but have to assume her name was the same, otherwise how would I have ever known. I probably asked and mentioned it was a unique name and that a couple ball players had the same name. I also seem to recall that Mel was from Washington, so it made sense. She ended up getting me a couple of signed cards.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Over a month between additions due to holiday stuff and going on vacation. I do have the following new ones in this week and I've got several more incoming.

floresjose.jpgJose Flores - Played in 7 games for the A's in 2002, he's a tough signer but does have a couple of A's cards. Thanks to mrmopar for helping me find this 8x10.

gonzalezedgar03donruss.jpgEdgar Gonzalez - Very mediocre in 26 appearances (6 starts) for the 2009 A's.

lamarreryan10elite.jpgRyan LaMarre - 3 games for the 2017 A's. Seems like he's still bouncing around, he played a bit for the Yankees this year.

lidlecory02toppspsadna.jpgCory Lidle - This is a big one as he famously died when his small plane crashed into a skyscraper in Manhattan while he was playing for the Yankees, bringing back memories of Thurman Munson and 9/11. He was a solid starter in two seasons for the A's but not really as good anywhere else.

And an upgrade:

alonsoyonder18arch17ther.jpgYonder Alonso - This upgrades some Reds and Padres autos I already had.

That brings me up to 652/693.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Three more in today:

barreraluis21prestige.jpgLuis Barrera - Broke into the majors with 6 games played in 2021. With all of the players the A's are losing this offseason maybe he will have more opportunity in 2022.

estradamarco.jpgMarco Estrada - 12 year MLB career wrapped up with 5 awful games for Oakland in 2019, amazingly has no certified autos.

guduanreymin.jpgReymin Guduan - Did not impress in the majors or minors in 2021, and was let loose at the end of the year.

Gets me to 655/693, less than 40 to go!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Guduan was released by the Astros because he attacked another pitching prospect with a bat and later threatened him with a knife. One of the more bizarre stories of a player being released.

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Guduan was released by the Astros because he attacked another pitching prospect with a bat and later threatened him with a knife. One of the more bizarre stories of a player being released.

Oh, is that all…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

Haha I did not know that. Wonder how long he'll keep getting chances.

Got a few in the mail yesterday:

casillasantiago.jpgSantiago Casilla - Originally known as Jairo Garcia when he came up with the A's in the mid-00s, he was one of the guys that got busted for a phony birth certificate with a more recent birthdate...he didn't do much for Oakland in 6 years but went to the Giants where he was a very good bullpen arm for seven seasons, winning 3 rings with a 0.92 ERA in 25 post-season appearances. He came back to the A's for his last two seasons and was mediocre.

castroangel.jpgAngel Castro - Gave up 8 hits and 3 walks in 4 innings pitched in 2015. That was his only big league action in a pro career spanning from 2006 to 2019.

helfanderic.jpgEric Helfand - Made it into 53 games with the 1993-95 A's but only hit .171.

At 658/693 currently.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Three more in the mail yesterday:

bassittchris.jpgChris Bassitt - Finally picked up a Bassitt signature...after he has likely played his last game with the A's.

munozpedro.jpgPedro Munoz - After 6 years with the Twins he finished up his career with 34 games for the 1996 A's. He does have a couple of A's cards so it'd be nice to upgrade this some day.

rogerskenny.jpgKenny Rogers - One of the bigger players of the last 30 years with no certified autos. He has a beautiful signature, I imagine it'd be hard to sign a thousand cards in a row.

Now at 661/693, but only one more incoming that I know of. My goal is to get my wantlist down to 20 by the start of the 2022 season and into single digits by the end of the year.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Haha I did not know that. Wonder how long he'll keep getting chances.

Got a few in the mail yesterday:

View attachment 316581Santiago Casilla - Originally known as Jairo Garcia when he came up with the A's in the mid-00s, he was one of the guys that got busted for a phony birth certificate with a more recent birthdate...he didn't do much for Oakland in 6 years but went to the Giants where he was a very good bullpen arm for seven seasons, winning 3 rings with a 0.92 ERA in 25 post-season appearances. He came back to the A's for his last two seasons and was mediocre.
I have him signed as his original name Jairo Garcia

That Kenny Rogers autograph is one of holy grails. Impossible to have anything signed from him

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I have him signed as his original name Jairo Garcia

That Kenny Rogers autograph is one of holy grails. Impossible to have anything signed from him

Definitely tough but there are quite a few Rogers signatures on eBay that look legit, maybe somebody got him to do a private signing or something. I paid $20 for mine, seems like a decent price.

Members online

Latest posts