Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does this look real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The back looks fine, just a really bad photo, but that foil looks really bad.

Even if it was legit, I'd avoid it just for the terrible photos that don't give enough detail to tell. Makes me think they're hiding the details.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I agree with DaClyde. Photos don't give enough detail to tell. Front photo is washed out, so no surprise the back looks like a tiffany when it probably isn't. And the resolution is so bad that you can't tell much from the foil.

That said, from what I've learned on various message boards about real versus fake desert shield cards, that foil stamp just looks wrong. Without a better image I can't definitively say why, but it just doesn't look right to my eye.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was reading a post about these somewhere just a few days ago. Seems as the knowledge about fakes was shared, the subsequent fakes got better. The experts are now keeping quiet on how to spot fakes to keep the counterfeiters from doing a better job. Damn shame we have to resort to this type of thing. May those who defraud people over trading cards and collectibles (among other things) die a slow and painful death.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts