Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donating cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has donated cards before and where you've done so. It's really time for me to get rid of a lot of the 3200 and 5000 count boxes that are simply taking up space. I haven't looked in most of the boxes in years.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am probably in the same boat, as I have not gotten rid of much at all over the years. I did get rid of a few boxes of commons by placing a Craigslist free ad for curbside pick-up, first come first serve. They were gone almost instantly!

Depending on how exactly you want to get rid of them, there may be several good options. I guess I'd ask myself, before deciding...(1) Do I want to try to get any $ for them or just give them away/recycle? (2). Do I care where they end up (sick kids, resellers, recycle bin)? (3) How much effort do I want to expend to get rid of them (list for sale, free internet ad, toss in recycle)?

I can't really advise on donations, but have seen similar threads where people have donated to hospitals, schools and have even seen some people say they hard a hard time finding anyone who wanted them, even for free. I don't think that would be an issue with a "free" online ad, but I think these people were looking to find someone who could distribute them to people who might really want them instead of some collector stockpiling thousands upon thousands of cards they get for free.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I usto sort thru mine and search out my cardboard family members and send them their players

Members online

Latest posts