Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Every collectors worst nightmare. My entire collection gone forever.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
If my wife took my cards, I'd probally have a buddy buy some and hope DC wasn't used....

Went thru a similar situation with my 1st wife. Kept all my punk vinyl. Got it all back though about 5+ years later.

Sorry to hear, although this seems to be something you wanted. Good Luck.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have never understood the whole aspect of trying to take off with somebody else's stuff when a relationship doesn't work. Chances are she doesn't even like the cards and is just trying to get back at you. If so, you are way better off.

bjk4343

Jul 31, 2012
Southern California
I was in the same boat this year. The only way to save your collection is to get a lawyer. It may get ugly but if you are in a community property state and she sells them, you are entitled to half, if you get a good lawyer she may have to replace anything she sold without your consent. Hopefully once the initial storms blow over she will just give them back without instigating more drama.

Then go out an bang anything with a pulse :)

Good Luck Man

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Wife moved out today and took my box of cards that included about 60 nba auto rcs(35 of them being james johnson) and 20 2011 Braves auto rcs. The collection only cost me about 500 dollars so it was not a huge loss, but I did enjoy putting it together and finding great deals. I thought she was going to give them back if she really left when she first hid them from me a few days ago. I l told her she will be lucky to get 100 dollars for them and she said that she knows how to use her ebay account. She says that she has record of paying for all of them on her ebay account so they are technically hers anyway. Not looking for sympathy and I am overjoyed beyond relief that this relationship that was dead a year ago is over.
You are old enough to have been married? And she left? I guess you'll be needed those hands of hate and fists of fury to take care of yourself now.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Dude you need your own paypal account. Since they were bought with her account, were they paid for with your money, her money, or "shared" money? I can kind of see why she took off with them if there was a circumstance where there was money issues and you spent money on cards, or if you went behind her back and used her money to buy them or something.

Did she also take the sink?

You're going to be using that fist of fury.. A LOT!

My ex kept all my cards when we split up. She did it out of spite not a definite financial agenda.. God gave her a slight case of cancer because of that a few months later. That's called karma.. Ok maybe the cancer was for banging anything with a blood flow just south of their belt buckle.. But that didnt bother me as much as the cards.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
75% of my friends are married and miserable. I'm 34 and happily single. Never been married, and not sure if I have any intention to. Who knows. I'm too busy with a different hot Japanese chick every other week. lol

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
You're going to be using that fist of fury.. A LOT!

My ex kept all my cards when we split up. She did it out of spite not a definite financial agenda.. God gave her a slight case of cancer because of that a few months later. That's called karma.. Ok maybe the cancer was for banging anything with a blood flow just south of their belt buckle.. But that didnt bother me as much as the cards.
If that were the case, I'd give a claw hammer an artificial heart...

Sucks about the collection man. Hopefully that's the worst of the process. Good luck!

Latest posts