Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feb 21 NC

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Finally! Its here!! Happy black history monfh!!

_108862125_justin_trudeau_yearbook_05.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
How is everyone?

We should start merging a lot of the other "messing around" threads back to here. I had 80 more jokes at Daves expense but don't even remember which thread I was razzing him in. . .. or the topic. :unsure:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That would make sense. 😄

I was also going to rub in the Arenado trade, but didn't want to stray too far from the cave!

I think this chart will have to change soon, team will crap out earlier than Allstar break.

rox_crop_exact.gif

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow, you found a Drew Litton cartoon. He's a legend here in Denver. Well done sir!

That is a good one. Totally captures the essence of a Rockies fan. Except, maybe the offseason one. Anyone who pays even the slightest attention to the team's moves during the offseason (and that includes me, I pay *slight* attention), well we are pretty much beaten down to stumps by now. So we don't have nearly that optimism.

But come opening day, when spring has spring and flowers are blooming, yeah we do allow ourselves that moment of hope. Especially when the team gets off to an 11-5 start and is leading the National League West on May 4. But then comes the next 2 months with the inevitable 18-42 stretch, and voila', your season is over.

That would make sense. 😄

I was also going to rub in the Arenado trade, but didn't want to stray too far from the cave!

I think this chart will have to change soon, team will crap out earlier than Allstar break.

rox_crop_exact.gif

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wow, you found a Drew Litton cartoon. He's a legend here in Denver. Well done sir!

That is a good one. Totally captures the essence of a Rockies fan. Except, maybe the offseason one. Anyone who pays even the slightest attention to the team's moves during the offseason (and that includes me, I pay *slight* attention), well we are pretty much beaten down to stumps by now. So we don't have nearly that optimism.

But come opening day, when spring has spring and flowers are blooming, yeah we do allow ourselves that moment of hope. Especially when the team gets off to an 11-5 start and is leading the National League West on May 4. But then comes the next 2 months with the inevitable 18-42 stretch, and voila', your season is over.

Yep you can tell when certain memes are a few years old (meme historian!?), I don't think many Rox fans care that much anymore.
Hard to believe a 11-5 team didn't land a whopping 8 playoff spots, considering how small the # of remaining games were.

...but hey, here come the top 5 draft picks!! party time right? ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Built to what?? say whaaaaaaat??

When the dude starts stammering he sounds like Adam Carolla.

...actually he kind of sounds like Carolla all the time. 😆

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Monfort and Bridich are two of the most despised people in Denver sports. And rightly so.

The only salary dump of an infielder this talented was probably A-Rod, who was traded for Alfonso Soriano, a proven 5+ WAR player who had a top 3 MVP finish and was the same age (prime) Rightly so indeed!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, I can't think of another one off the top of my head.

Any new pickups lately? I got this one the other day for a surprisingly low price (IMHO), and it fills out my run of 2016 tek. Pretty jazzed to get it.

The only salary dump of an infielder this talented was probably A-Rod, who was traded for Alfonso Soriano, a proven 5+ WAR player who had a top 3 MVP finish and was the same age (prime) Rightly so indeed!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My only new pickup should be a new snipe program! I had that card in my bullseye and something went wrong!! :whistle: The shillmobile will have to get you next time!!!

All jokes aside, nice pickup. . . looks like good value too.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Idk what I would buy if I had to buy a collectable right now. I'm kind of good with baseball, and nothing else catches my eye. Perhaps something that very few are doing currently... hmmmmm...

In other news tubby Felix Hernandez signed with the Barves, is going to make one more run at the big show. :rolleyes: This guy was really really bad last time out. He should just sell all his Taco Del Mar stock and sail off into the sunset, but I guess its not like boxing where there's long term ramifications for shtting the bed one more time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
so @banjar, it looks like the rationale behind Arenado's salary dump was to clear cap space for . . .. Rick Porcello!!! :)3yr/41.5mil megadeal confirmed by Ken Rothenthal. You excited? I thought he deserved more dough but oh well.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I didn’t realize the fight was 10 seconds long, and the guy that put the fight together, from barstool, Is saying Canseco took a dive, after getting half the money up front and extra cash if he woulda won, guess he was good with the half up front he got

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
At :52 he gets hit exiting the clinch with a hook right behind the ear. . . that can really F with your sense of balance. 2 more hard shots follow. I wonder if it hurt as much as getting hit in the head with that HR in Texas :ROFLMAO:

If he took a dive he really messed it up. First, you're not supposed to take an asswhooping, that's the whole point! LOL Second, just flop down and don't talk to the ref after getting hit. It seemed like Jose was telling the dude his life story. :p

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In other interesting news, Paige Vanzant (UFC media darling) now fought in bare knuckle, and ate sht like expected.

...although if you play in that silly company, you also lose when you win... because everyone break their hands. :unsure:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts