Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally finished my Red Sox T206 team set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'll be the first to admit, I've never been good at finishing team sets. I've started quite a few and I used to get distracted buying other things, or couldn't find/afford the last few in the set. My 39' Play Ball team set will probably never get finished because Ted Williams, and my M116 team set because of rare SPs that never show up on the market, etc...

Well last week I decided to bite the bullet and finish my T206 set. I'll admit, I've never cared for the T206 set, always saw it as overrated because I love a lot of the other sets from that era better looks wise. The set has grown on me though. All I had left was Red Kleinow, which is probably one of the toughest ones to find because it was a SP since he switched teams during production of the set so he has a card in a NYY uni and a BOS uni. I never really wanted to spend over $100 for this since he was a lifelong Yankee player and then the Red Sox signed him and he was pretty bad with us, although a serviceable catcher behind the plate. I probably could have saved $50 had I bought it several years ago...oh well :p

So here it is, my newest Red Sox card and the full team set (I do have a Frank Smith even tho technically a Chicago card, but he is listed with Boston too)

Attachments

• redf.jpg
    redf.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • redb.jpg
    redb.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • t206ts.jpg
    t206ts.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Appreciate it guys, it's been fun getting back into the hobby lately. I have one more mailday for next week then ill hold steady for a while, maybe turn my focus to finding a new set of irons before spring hits :devilish:

Congrats, that's awesome, I have a couple myself. I'm curious, what's your favorite set from that time period?
Thanks! If I had to choose one it would probably be 1909 E95...the backgrounds really pop and the portraits are great. If I ever win the lottery one day I'm gong to at least buy the Ty Cobb from that set.

Attachments

• e95ec.jpg
    e95ec.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Appreciate it guys, it's been fun getting back into the hobby lately. I have one more mailday for next week then ill hold steady for a while, maybe turn my focus to finding a new set of irons before spring hits :devilish:

Thanks! If I had to choose one it would probably be 1909 E95...the backgrounds really pop and the portraits are great. If I ever win the lottery one day I'm gong to at least buy the Ty Cobb from that set.
It's funny, I love the oddball sizes of vintage but can't stand it in modern cards. I don't have any e95, I do have a "nice" e90 though, it's in rough shape but I love it, maybe I'll open my Sox box an snap a pic this weekend. If I picked a favorite I think I'd go with the T201 folders, really cool set. I only have one, Speaker/Gardner.

Members online

Latest posts