Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giving your change away ?

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
I just got back from CVS pharmacy to pick up Tylenol and some other stuff. It all came to $53.89. I gave the lady three $20 bills. She asked if I want to round my purchases off to $54.00. I thought she was kidding. I just said no thank you. Why the hell would I want to give CVS or any other store extra money ? I've heard there's a coin shortage. CVS is a huge company. I'd rather donate my change to charity. Not putting extra money in their pockets.

End of rant....

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I just got back from CVS pharmacy to pick up Tylenol and some other stuff. It all came to $53.89. I gave the lady three $20 bills. She asked if I want to round my purchases off to $54.00. I thought she was kidding. I just said no thank you. Why the hell would I want to give CVS or any other store extra money ? I've heard there's a coin shortage. CVS is a huge company. I'd rather donate my change to charity. Not putting extra money in their pockets.

End of rant....
They should have given you $7 back.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
I was back in CVS a few days ago to pick up more meds. They have an electronic checkout at the register where you enter your phone number for a CVS discount. It does ask on the machine if you want to round off your purchase to the next dollar value. It does say the money will go to the American Cancer Society. The lady at the register never said anything about that part. So CVS gets a huge tax credit on our change ? I'd rather give my extra change directly to the charity.

Antony44

Apr 7, 2020
I was back in CVS a few days ago to pick up more meds. They have an electronic checkout at the register where you enter your phone number for a CVS discount. It does ask on the machine if you want to round off your purchase to the next dollar value. It does say the money will go to the American Cancer Society. The lady at the register never said anything about that part. So CVS gets a huge tax credit on our change ? I'd rather give my extra change directly to the charity.
I completely agree with you, I myself want to decide whether to spend money on charity or not, I don’t like it when they force me to do something, it’s wrong.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
Back in the 80's. My wife and I used to donate money to the multiple sclerosis society. When we needed help from them. They brushed us off and didn't help at all. :mad:

Latest posts