Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got back from Spring Training on Tuesday: 4 days, ~130 autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
As a birthday gift to myself I make a trip out to AZ each year for Spring Training. I collect in person autographed rookie cards so I made an effort to get autographs ONLY on rookie cards this year. I almost did so. As far as my preference to get things signed, it goes, in order:
First Year card
MLB RC logo card
Minor league card
And Heritage/A&G rookies are my favorite to get signed. I didn't really get any big stars on RCs, but I am happy with what I got. I got a total of 135 autographs, 129 of which were on rookie cards and minor league cards. The list of players I got include:
Jeremy Accardo
Yonder Alonso
Dusty Baker (not on a RC--his RC is expensive and I wasn't sure he would sign--maybe I should keep an eye out for a cheap one for next year or during the season)
Jason Bartlett
Bud Black
Kyle Blanks
Andrew Brackman
Everth Cabrera
Eric Cantrell
Vinnie Catricala (he signed 4, but one bubbled badly and one went to the Mariners fan next to me who didn't have anything for Vinnie to sign, so I ended up with 2)
Bruce Chen
Louis Coleman
Zack Cozart
Aaron Cunningham
James Darnell
Jaff Decker
Jason Donald
Stephen Drew
Robbie Erlin (he signed 5 for me, then an old woman asked me where I got my cards and said she'd love to get one--she was Erlin's grandma visiting him in AZ!--so of course I gave her one of the Erlin cards I got signed)
Nick Franklin
Kyle Gaedele
Jonny Giavotella
Cole Gillespie
Travis Hafner (I got him on a bat, the one you see in the picture--very beat up--I didn't have RC for him--my friend said he would have traded me the RC he got signed if I had Hafner sign on the sweet spot of my bat... so the next day I got Hafner to sign a better bat on the sweet spot and I promptly traded it to my friend for his RC)
Nick Hagadone
Jason Hagerty
Ryan Hanigan (not on a RC, just on a card from Topps that I pulled the day before going on the trip)
Jeremy Hermida
Aaron Hill
Nick Hundley
Glenn Hoffman
Ubaldo Jimenez
Daryl Jones
Mark Kotsay
Jason Kubel
Andy LaRoche
Sam LeCure
Fred Lewis
Cory Luebke
Justin Masterson
Cameron Maybin
Mike Moustakas
Dioner Navarro
Juan Oramas
Lyle Overbay
Micah Owings
Carlos Peguero
Salvador Perez
Vinnie Pestano
Jace Peterson
Carlos Quentin (I noticed he was signing one per person, so I pointed to the one on my page I most wanted him to sign and asked him to sign it, he responded, "I'll sign whatever one I feel like signing." To which I replied, "That's perfectly fine with me. Thanks very much." Still, he later signed a ball for me that I gave to one of my students--a baseball fan who asked me to get something signed for him on my trip)
Chris Ray
Clayton Richard
Edinson Rincon
Joe Smith
Ryan Roberts
Blake Tekotte
Jeudy Valdez
Edinson Volquez
Joey Votto (not on a RC, I got him to sign a beat up minor league bat--I would greatly prefer to have got him on a RC, but I'm cheap and I ended up buying a Jay Bruce RC to get signed instead... and Bruce wasn't signing that day--luck of the draw! Not sure what to do with the bat. I could sell it to buy a Votto RC for next year or during the season, but I've sold bats before--such a pain to ship--maybe it'll just go on my wall)
Beemer Weems
Mike Wilson
Matt Williams! (childhood favorite--hit 2 HRs at my first ever mlb game)

P1020814.jpg

P1020813.jpg

P1020812.jpg

P1020811.jpg

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. Sorry Quentin was such a doucher. You handled that far better than I would have.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
While I think it's Quenton-douchy to sell an in person autograph, sending a bat is really easy, as I've sold some of my son's used and some new metal bats.

Go to hte USPS and get a flat cost priority tube mailer. Put newspaper in both ends, tape up the box, take to USPS, send.

Members online

Latest posts