Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hank Aaron Rookie Auctioned for nearly $200,000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
A PSA 9 Hank Aaron rookie just sold at Mile High Card Company’s Elite January Auction for $192,547 - how crazy is that?

People be crazy.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
My 2 older brothers do not know a single thing about our hobby so I tried once again to get them interested about 2 weeks ago by talking straight cash with them. Anyway, I used this card as an example for them to get interested. The last time a PSA 9 Aaron sold at public auction back in August of 2014 it went for a measly $62K. I told them cards like this are almost sure fire investments and if they wanted to collectively pony up $100K we could buy the card and make some serious coin in the coming years. Boy was I wrong! When the gavel hit I sent a group text to the 2 of them and they quickly wanted to know what to invest in next. I saw a price jump coming on this card but not $130K more........ By the way, I can't speak for my brothers but I know I don't have the money I was throwing around in casual conversation with those 2 guys

SOMETHING INTERESTING (that will make you want to throw up.) This card sold for $16,730 back in May 2008. What's that saying? Hindsight is what?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I always thought Aaron was underappreciated, and I always wanted to buy his RC, but I've always been a couple levels behind in coming up with the actual dollars. In the post-war, pre-Pujols/Chrome era, Mantle is King, Mays, Koufax, and Clemente are Princes, and Aaron was a Baron or something. But a correction is definitely being made. Maybe there's something to the idea about his "pure" home run record. Maybe he is getting old now and people see him in a new light. Maybe people realize that he had more hits and RBI, as well as homers, than anyone else in his era/ever.

I remember when Dmitri Young was selling his collection, it was right around when I was selling my house. I gave more than a few seconds' thought to taking the proceeds of that sale and buying his card, and living in apartments for a few years rather than buying a new house. I'm glad I didn't, because my house has appreciated pretty well, too, in addition to being, you know, a house and not rent that goes into someone else's pocket. Plus it was a 10 and sold for nearly as much as my old house and new house combined, anyway.

I still wish I had bought Dmitri Young's Dmitri Young. That only went for $64.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I think PSA 2s of the Aaron rookie are good deal. Maybe some day I can be a player for one of those :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online