Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has any other seller here received this message from eBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I just received this message from eBay this morning:

"On Dec 02, 2020 we tried sending you a payout amount of $21.66, but we ran into a problem with your bank account. Please check to see if the bank account information you entered is correct or contact your bank for details."

Has anyone else ever received this message?

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
eBay's help channel was "temporarily unavailable" when I checked so I tried calling my bank and was told that the transfer never reached my account. A transfer from eBay cleared yesterday so I'm hoping that it was just a glitch with the system. It says that supposedly they will re-try sending the payout.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
No, it definitely wasn't phishing because I logged into my eBay account through the site and a message showed stating that my payout attempt failed.

Ditto to the above ( logged direct into ebay) and I also got that message this morning. Not sure what is happening but I'm sure enough complaints came in it will get resolved ASAP.

Jeff

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Ditto to the above ( logged direct into ebay) and I also got that message this morning. Not sure what is happening but I'm sure enough complaints came in it will get resolved ASAP.

Jeff

You got the same exact message that I received and your payout didn't go through as well?

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I got the same exact message as well, and my payout did not go through either.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ok, good to know that I'm not the only one. eBay's help center says "temporarily unavailable" when you try to contact them so I tried calling my bank earlier and was told the payout never even reached them at all. I'm assuming that it's an eBay glitch that will get resolved but we'll see.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Ok, good to know that I'm not the only one. eBay's help center says "temporarily unavailable" when you try to contact them so I tried calling my bank earlier and was told the payout never even reached them at all. I'm assuming that it's an eBay glitch that will get resolved but we'll see.

I agree, I think it was on Ebay's side, not the banks. I haven't done anything with that bank account since setting it up for managed payments.

I got a second e-mail from Ebay just a little bit ago this afternoon saying it went through. Hopefully it actually did.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Aren't they transitioning to their ebay payments this month and removing PayPal as an option?

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
My payout hit my bank account this morning so it looks like the issue was totally resolved.

Members online