Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to collect Robbie Alomar card?

OtisHenry

Aug 2, 2021
I enjoyed collecting the cards of the players. Right now, I've only collected a few cards about the player Tony Gwynn. Through a friend's recommendation, I came to this site. Can you guide how to collect the simplest Robbie Alomar card?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Alright, which one of you guys is trolling me here. Obviously not Mr. Met. Who could it be? The smart money is on @JVHaste, but if it were me, I would take the field. Maybe @bstanwood is on a mischevious streak. Or @mrmopar? I think he has a sense of humor which might lend itself to this. Same for @finestkind and @nosterbor, and definitely @Dilferules. Maybe it's @cgilmo making a triumphant return :)

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yes.

But read the OP again. It's pretty screwy. I choose to believe that it's a member of this board just stirring the pot! :)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not me! Although I like that Otis connection. Assuming there is nothing funny going on, one very possible situation is that it could be someone who uses English as a 2nd language. That would not be a stretch. I know there is a lot of shorthand/slang/abbreviations in online communications these days (not a fan personally, I'd rather just type it out than to use something like LOL or BRB or similar), but that looks very much like someone looking for the right words, but maybe not having them flow freely.

@OtisHenry, tell us more about you and your collecting origins. Maybe we can be a bit more helpful that way. MrMet kind of nailed it at the simplest level possible, although there are plenty of folks here and on other sites that would likely trade and/or give away cards, especially to a newer collector.