Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate skunks

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I went out of town Sunday around noon, got back yesterday around 4. 28 total hours. Due to Labor Day and when I left, it wasn't financially feasible to board my dog at the animal clinic (they aren't open Sunday, so I would have had to drop him off Saturday, plus they were closed yesterday, so I would have had to pick him up today). Would have cost $57 to board him.

So I bought a stake and a 20 foot chain so he could stay in my mom's back yard. That cost $40. Still less than $57, so I'm good to go. She called me yesterday morning. Dog got sprayed by a stupid skunk. So when I got back in town, I bought hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, soap, and rubber gloves to clean the dog off. $7 more. Woke up this morning to find the fucking solution didn't get rid of the smell. My apartment, and every piece of fabric in my apartment, reeks of ass. Had to take off work today to take the dog to the animal clinic I didn't want to take him to in the first place to get a skunk bath. $44! For a bath! Spent $50 to rewash every piece of clothing in my apt. Spent $65 to rent a carpet cleaner and buy soap. Had to throw away my goddamned couch. Went to Rooms To Go and bought a new one. After delivery...about $600.

All in all, I've spent and lost nearly $1000. Because of a fucking skunk. FML

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
In hind sight, the boarding was a bargain!

:lol:
That's the worst thing - my mom was right that it would be cheaper to board him.

You don't know my mom. Her being right and me being wrong is like getting in to a fight with a kindergardener and getting the crap kicked out of you

phillyfan0417

Administrator
JoshHamilton said:
phillyfan0417 said:
In hind sight, the boarding was a bargain!

That's the worst thing - my mom was right that it would be cheaper to board him.

You don't know my mom. Her being right and me being wrong is like getting in to a fight with a kindergardener and getting the crap kicked out of you

She must be glowing at how right she was!!

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I've heard tomato sauce is the best thing to get rid of skunk odor. I don't know if that is true but that is what I have always heard. Obviously that won't work for your furniture but you could give it a shot on the dog.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
cubfan131 said:
I've heard tomato sauce is the best thing to get rid of skunk odor. I don't know if that is true but that is what I have always heard. Obviously that won't work for your furniture but you could give it a shot on the dog.
Forget what you have heard about tomato juice--it doesn't work. Skunk spray is mainly composed of low molecular weight thiol compounds. ("Thiols" are compounds with the "-SH radical" attached to a carbon atom.) In industrial applications, alkaline hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is used for scrubbing similar compounds from waste gas streams.

-some doctor

Glad it didn't get in his eyes. You know what you have to use to get skunk spray out of eyes? Feminine douche

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
owever, in some cases, if the intruder gets too close for comfort, skunks bite too and this bite has the potential to carry the rabies virus. ... These animals are carriers of the Baylisascaris Columnaris, a dangerous type of roundworm, which can enter a pet if it happens to feed on the feces of a skunk
You have waaay too much time on your hands Pepe Le Pew...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
owever, in some cases, if the intruder gets too close for comfort, skunks bite too and this bite has the potential to carry the rabies virus. ... These animals are carriers of the Baylisascaris Columnaris, a dangerous type of roundworm, which can enter a pet if it happens to feed on the feces of a skunk
News Flash ! "skunks bite" A freaking GENIUS we have here ! He forgot the best part. They smell nice when you try to pick them up.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA

[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

Can you send this clown packing?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts