Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kudos to Jason Collins

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Broussard is making the same ridiculous comments as every Catholic Priest. The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet that a LARGE majority of Catholic Priests are gay as well.
A large majority? There are some, but it isnt a large majority.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I think it's great that Collins came out, but I agree that I wish it had happened while he was under contract. It would be nice for someone to come out and force the issue.

What I find sad is that this is a story. He's gay. So what? It's just a shame that our society makes a big deal out of it. Gay or straight should not matter.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I think it's great that Collins came out, but I agree that I wish it had happened while he was under contract. It would be nice for someone to come out and force the issue.

What I find sad is that this is a story. He's gay. So what? It's just a shame that our society makes a big deal out of it. Gay or straight should not matter.
This. Now he can say he wasn't signed because he is gay.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Still waiting on the first major sport athlete to come out as heterosexual.

Why is it that someone who is gay must announce it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

Why is it that someone who is gay must announce it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
I feel the same way, I couldnt care less what the sexual preference of an athlete is, or any entertainer, politician, chef, lawyer, school teacher, cop, etc.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

Honestly - I don't think it's a big deal. There are plenty of gay people in all walks of life. The only reason why I admire Jason Collins for coming out is because there are no other male athletes in the MLB, NBA, or NFL who are openly gay. Chris Culliver reminds us why there is a stigma to gay male athletes. So, kudos to you Jason Collins for living your life openly and honestly. The world will be a better place when it isn't news when someone comes out as gay.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
It shouldn't be news regardless of who it is. If you want to be treated equally, stop making your sexual preference a big deal.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
It shouldn't be news regardless of who it is. If you want to be treated equally, stop making your sexual preference a big deal.

This. Thank you, Steve.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA

That's a great sentiment if someone like TMZ wouldn't make it into a news story if he was seen holding hands with another man in public. He should have the right to announce it on his own terms, rather than some trashy magazine doing it for him.

Also, this isn't a big deal because of what it means to people that are accepting of his lifestyle. It's a big deal because of the stigma that gay athletes wouldn't be accepted in locker rooms. It's a big deal to others that may feel they have to hide or be ashamed of their sexuality, who can now feel better about living the life they want even if they don't write an article or hold a press conference.

Latest posts