Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lemieux auto'd McFarlane super chase up for auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
justinmandawg said:
I think the auto kills the value of a rare piece but what do i know.

i still remember back in the 80s and early 90s when people said autographs ruin a cards value as well. Now today its all the rage. very cool piece though

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
justinmandawg said:
Anytime there are "duel" certificates, it's good enough for me.

I think the auto kills the value of a rare piece but what do i know.

the auction supports the Mario Lemieux foundation so it's definitely real and I would have to disagree the autograph only makes the piece better.

Wjchiefs

Nov 9, 2009
Jeannette Pa
Autographs Make Everything Better, I have been collecting autographs in-person since the lockout. I am Know selling some autographs but that is to pay for my collection. I spend during hockey season btw going to game getting cards, getting pucks and photos i spend probley 350 or more bucks each month

I love the Hobby I love Autographs

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I'm not speaking to cards that are psa/dna or certified. That comparison doesn't hold water. A psa 10 rookie card vs a psa 10 auto psa/dna rookie card (noncertified) which goes lower? The psa/dna.

I believe that there is no way this item has the value of an unaltered piece. I also never said it was not real. As a charity piece, it will go higher, but if it resells not so much.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
justinmandawg said:
I believe that there is no way this item has the value of an unaltered piece.

What is your opinion of autographs on game used items? Do autos ruin the value on game used as well? Im talking about game used jerseys, sticks, bats, gloves etc, does the value of vintage game used lose value if signed as well?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
G $MONEY$ said:
justinmandawg said:
I believe that there is no way this item has the value of an unaltered piece.

What is your opinion of autographs on game used items? Do autos ruin the value on game used as well? Im talking about game used jerseys, sticks, bats, gloves etc, does the value of vintage game used lose value if signed as well?

Again, I don't think that is a fair comparison because game used = worn by / used by player vs figure. Would I rather have an unpunched 12 back Han Solo than an unpunched 12 back Han Solo w/ auto? I'd rather have the latter because he rarely signs (Ford not Han Solo). Lemieux isn't a guy that rarely signs though and this item is simply not something that needs the auto. In my opinion, it's almost as bad as breaking the seal and opening the thing.

If I could have a Ruth jersey with or without the auto, I'll take without.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Do any of these chase figures make it to the regular chain stores? I know nothing about McFarlane's, but always like the rarity of the chase figures.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
adamcm said:
Do any of these chase figures make it to the regular chain stores? I know nothing about McFarlane's, but always like the rarity of the chase figures.

Some do yep, as long as the employees loading the shelves dont know what to look for ;) There was actually a well documented find of a Barry Sander super chase /20 in Vancouver, BC at a London Drugs this past summer. That figure sold for around $5K :eek:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
One of the first Lemieux's to hit ebay was bought in the NHL store in NYC, according to the seller. How SWEET would that be to walk in there and see it sitting on the shelf?!?!?!?

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to keep my eye open more, although I don't think i'd get lucky. How many of the normal chase figures are sent? I realize the Lemieux is really rare, but what about others?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
adamcm said:
I'm going to keep my eye open more, although I don't think i'd get lucky. How many of the normal chase figures are sent? I realize the Lemieux is really rare, but what about others?

well Mcfarlane just recently introduced these "super" chase figures regularly into the market. These are the ones that are selling for the big, big bucks. Theres been several of them now, just off the top of my head there is the Lemieux /100, theres Marty Brodeur /552, Shane Doan /1994, Teemu Selanne /13 (this one is a few years old), these are the Hockey ones (anyone remember any others?) then the other sports have a few as well, Babe Ruth /3, barry Sanders /20, Michael Turner (cant remember how many made) etc, etc. anyways these are the really rare super chases, the "normal" chases are much more plentiful and usually just sell for $10-$20 more than the regular figure (sometimes higher, but just on average), they are usually found at about 1 per case (12 figures). These ones can often be found at retail. I have purchased probably about 7 or 8 of the easier chases at wal marts, toys r us and Zellers (target in the states).

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
adamcm said:

well Mcfarlane just recently introduced these "super" chase figures regularly into the market. These are the ones that are selling for the big, big bucks. Theres been several of them now, just off the top of my head there is the Lemieux /100, theres Marty Brodeur /552, Shane Doan /1994, Teemu Selanne /13 (this one is a few years old), these are the Hockey ones (anyone remember any others?) then the other sports have a few as well, Babe Ruth /3, barry Sanders /20, Michael Turner (cant remember how many made) etc, etc. anyways these are the really rare super chases, the "normal" chases are much more plentiful and usually just sell for $10-$20 more than the regular figure (sometimes higher, but just on average), they are usually found at about 1 per case (12 figures). These ones can often be found at retail. I have purchased probably about 7 or 8 of the easier chases at wal marts, toys r us and Zellers (target in the states).

Thanked you for the post. I think they'd look cool on display :). So just look for different colored jerseys, etc?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
adamcm said:
G $MONEY$ said:
adamcm said:

Thanked you for the post. I think they'd look cool on display :). So just look for different colored jerseys, etc?

For the most part yep. The regular colored figs are all on the back of the packaging, so if u find a different color its a variant.

Funny you brought this all up Adam, there was another BIG find at Canadian retail yesterday. Ochocinco SUPER chase was found at Woodbridge, Ontario Wal Mart just sitting on the shelves.

Heres some pics the lucky guy took. I never checked ebay yet, but the guy said he was gonna put it up for ebay auction soon.

291fiv6.jpg

Notice the super chases are numbered on the side of the base ;)

ipzl6r.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Hmmm thats some guy in Colorado selling that one, i wonder when the Ontario guy is gonna put his up for auction???

I just thought of something the could be pretty Ironic. That Colorado auction had a question.....

Q: Just wondering how much shipping to Ontario, Canada at postal code NoM 1S6? Very, very interested in this figure, do you have a buy it now price?? -Steven
A: $25.00 priority mail INSURED, auction only, thanks allcsinc

Imagine if it turns out that the guy in Ontario selling his lives down the street from this Ontario guy looking to buy? Its a long shot but i bet they all live in GTA.

Members online

Latest posts