Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March NC

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

Aaron can bring the nuts, Bret can bring the beef. 🥳

perhaps my fave vid on youtube... dude bangs 2 chicks at a time but only orders them cracked pepper at the restaurant. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
When you realize its spring training and Rick Porcello isn't signed yet.

31948127_416604732083696_7375896299771527168_n.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Attention fellow NC (and NC lurkers)

We are at war!!! with Beckett/PSA/Topps etc

They are shorting our precious Taco Del Mar stock (TACO) if we all sell everything we own (including cards) and bet big we can drive the stock price from $11 to around $753 and bankrupt the entire card world, buying all cards back at pennies on the dollar. (since they will all be broke) Also, the moral code of NC states that Taco Bell shills need to be taught a lesson. Taco Del Mar is the only way to defeat Taco Bell goonies.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Porcello not signed yet? After a 1-7 5.64 season? I don't believe it!

Actually what I believe even less is that he still ended up with a positive WAR last season, at 0.1.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Porcello not signed yet? After a 1-7 5.64 season? I don't believe it!

Actually what I believe even less is that he still ended up with a positive WAR last season, at 0.1.

He had a Fielding Independent ERA of 3.33!! That's actually not terrible, shows how volatile a 60 game season is. FredFred isn't as bad as 5.64 but surely not as good as a 3.33.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I guess FIP is expected value, ERA is actualized value, and ERA+ is adjusted+curved actualized value. The last one is probably the most important and Porcello only scored a 75, his is... well... at least its better than Felix Hernandez after skipping Taco Del Mar.

And yes, I would love to see the Cox pick him up. He would have a bounceback year and lead the team in ERA... with a 4.85. :ROFLMAO:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I bought a "card" today. One of the Grolier "Story Of America" series. It's a series of jumbo cards, apparently they are about 4x6, and they have various images of Americana spanning hundreds of years. One of them is the 1997 All Star game, with a cameo by my PC homie Robbie Alomar. It shows his brother Sandy coming back to the dugout after, apparently, doing something good at the plate. Sandy was the 1997 AS MVP so maybe it was a homer? In any case, it's a neat oddball that I was glad to add for a few bucks. Here's the ebay link

Lots of other sports-related cards in this set. Maybe other cameos for fellow obsessive PC'ers to find?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I bought a "card" today. One of the Grolier "Story Of America" series. It's a series of jumbo cards, apparently they are about 4x6, and they have various images of Americana spanning hundreds of years. One of them is the 1997 All Star game, with a cameo by my PC homie Robbie Alomar. It shows his brother Sandy coming back to the dugout after, apparently, doing something good at the plate. Sandy was the 1997 AS MVP so maybe it was a homer? In any case, it's a neat oddball that I was glad to add for a few bucks. Here's the ebay link

Lots of other sports-related cards in this set. Maybe other cameos for fellow obsessive PC'ers to find?

Cool set. It reminds me of UD's Yankee Stadium Legacy... but without all the damn Yankees! :)

I looked up 97 ASG and yes, it was a homer because that was Sandy's only AB. There were a few in the game I've completely forgotten about, but one starter I swear I've never heard of before. :unsure: What the f is a "Jeff Blauser" ??

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So yeah - baseball reference says he played SS, 2B, 3B for the Braves mostly, then a couple years with the Cubbies. Was a 2x All Star, got MVP votes in those years, and won a silver slugger. Not a bad career.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So yeah - baseball reference says he played SS, 2B, 3B for the Braves mostly, then a couple years with the Cubbies. Was a 2x All Star, got MVP votes in those years, and won a silver slugger. Not a bad career.

The other forgettable starter in that years ASG was Brady Anderson. The problem is he's so forgettable (1 monster roider year) that he became memorable for it. 🙃 I have a few crusades of him BTW!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
They should have made a Red Sox set. Instead of the Yankees. Then everyone would hate Upper Deck. :LOL:

It would be funny to see an historical set that big of a team like the Sox who sucked for so many decades. Instead of cards of Ruth/Gehrig you'd have Ed Jurak and Ted Lepcio! :)