Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March NC

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
No new cards to note. I did get a 2012 Sportkings quad memorabilia with Alomar...and guess who else?

Yep, you guessed it. Bjorn Borg, Paula Creamer, Gordie Howe.

In a related note, I paid for it on the same day I won the auction. But the seller in PR opened a non-paying bidder complaint against me. Apparently there was a glitch in the ebay system (imagine that) and on his account it showed I never paid. At least that's the story. That could be, and honestly there was something irregular about how the sale appeared on my account. So I emailed him, like all omg and wtf and stuff, and finally said just check your bank account. After that he said OK it's paid and sent it.

That was my drama for the week, at least all that's fit to print. Otherwise we got 2.5 ft of heavy wet snow, I bought a bunch of lumber to start framing my basement, and installed a pantry light for my neighbor.

So what else is up in NC land??

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ebay is so fcked up. Every time I get brave enough to just about sell I hear 5-10 new scams and run back into my bunker. 🥺

My guesses for who was on the card (I'm getting good at not peeking!) Chuck Knoblach, Craig Biggio, and Jeff Kent. Wrong!!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
No! It wasn't other star second basemen from the same era. It was three other people that Sportkings Gum, aka Brian Price, had jerseys of sitting around.

But on the other hand, I actually liked the Sportkings series and have done my best to collect them when the price is reasonable. I guess I have a soft spot for those cards.

I think you should run face-first into the windmill of selling on ebay.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
promise to pay me back ;-)

My interpretation of the clip above is he "covers him" (shills) and explodes (gets stuck w/ the card) :ROFLMAO:

I might trap you with a Porcello just for something to remember me by, but that's it!! ;)

On a serious note, when someone does the "I didn't receive" scam on you what do you do? It seems like an autoloss from the sellers POV these days. Do you even spend time fighting or is it just the occasional beatdown you take on Ebay?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
As a buyer only, I really don't know whether the scams are more prevalent on the buyer or seller side. But from what I've gathered I think sellers get screwed a bit more often than buyers.

I would think that to avoid the "I never received" scam, you just ship with tracking every time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As a buyer only, I really don't know whether the scams are more prevalent on the buyer or seller side. But from what I've gathered I think sellers get screwed a bit more often than buyers.

I would think that to avoid the "I never received" scam, you just ship with tracking every time.

I've heard they just say either the package was empty, or that it was a /50 card instead of a /5 (or whatever rarity it is)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Man, that's pretty low. And yeah I believe it probably happens quite a bit.

and Ebay will say "ok, then they can return the card to you for a full refund".... then the dbag seller happily obliges, sending the shttier of the 2 cards.

Fun trivia.....

....but wrong!!! There's a famous fourth! Can you name him?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He can both make a case for best modern pitcher and worst modern hitter. :ROFLMAO:
I bet an average guy with good sprinting speed could put together better hit numbers by just drag bunting a lot.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Randy Johnson and hitting always reminds me of DaeSungKoo

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Randy Johnson and hitting always reminds me of DaeSungKoo

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Not sure what would scare me more, a Randy Johnson fastball or DaeSung Koo behind the wheel of a car. . . . :censored:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
1616358841429-jpeg.122682

Thought I'd post here too. (considering the other thread I posted this in could get taken down)

Members online

Latest posts