Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******MID MORNING THREAD 4/7+************

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
HUGE explosion in town -- heard over most of town !!! Shook house and i went outside ?? Now hearing sirens on Interstate - one mile away .

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Dang Barry. A natural gas plant can never be far enough away.

I don't scare easy, but one of the scariest days was seeing a propane truck tipped over on the side of the road at a stop sign. A coworker and I drove by, we were the first witnesses. The driver was ok, he was on the phone calling emergency services. We drove back by later and the whole area was cordoned off.

This is not the image from the accident, but it's similar enough.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Afternoon, all! I was talking with a guy at work today about why liquor stores would be deemed "essential" and he said so that people could keep their "spirits" up during this time. :lol:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i don't drink due to meds -------liked beer . NC gov closing state owned stores and banning other sales IF I HEARD CORRECT . It was stated my county made ONE MILLION A MONTH .
Last i heard all alive from explosion --- near by house had windows out . This was beside airport and 1/4 mile from baseball stadium

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
60 homes damaged --NO major injuries
Wow ! Sounds like the explosion in Peabody Massachusetts in 2006. A paint factory blew up in the middle of the night. It damaged about 90 houses. The paint factory was in the middle of a dense neighborhood.

Latest posts