Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********MONDAY MORNING THREAD 5/25 *******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Remembering Marion William Batts, my Grandfather on this Memorial Day. He was an airplane mechanic with the Flying Tigers - Army Air Corp in China/India (pre WWII) as they fought off the Japanese invasion. He eventually ended up in Italy after Mussolini was toppled and then discharged. He would hear certain older planes in the sky and could tell you exactly what plane it was by just the engine roar. He always said if the Air Corp would listen to the mechanics, they wouldn’t hear the planes coming. The engineers didn’t want to muffle the engine for loss of power and extra fuel consumption.

Fordman

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Afternoon all, been busy running around today, went grocery shopping and forgot my wallet, had to run home and back again, pain in the ass when you live in the middle of nowhere and it takes about 20 minutes each way. Now my parents are visiting for my dads birthday, which was Saturday. Probably get pizza soon.

Hope everyone has a good holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Can they pitch?
:LOL:
no -- oldest has played all but First and catcher / younger brother lefty --- twins Girl lefty - brother not . I'm lefty / BIL lefty / Father in law lefty --- x son inlaw lefty . Oldest grandson was a three sport player - baseball / football / wrestling .

Members online

Latest posts