Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******MORNING THREAD 5/19******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Morning. Never stopped working here...girlfriend either. Although she would have made just as much if not slightly more had she been laid off - that's the sad/stupid part of the "stimulus" and unemployment boost.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i retired three years ago ---many times i didn't take vacation time due to NOBODY would do my job ---billing / inventory control of Napa warehouse . Left that after 24 years went to TP warehouse that had a computer staff only maybe 500 part number over 100,000 Napa and three million parts . I do miss working = having a goal for the day . Now medical limits my working . Never laid off / fired - only six jobs in 50 years . Throw one year of billards and poker - made a living but single . Regrets ?? NO doubt i'd lived

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! Cool cloudy day today. Going to try to get my hair cut today. Going on 11 weeks hopefully the barbershop is back open.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Billiards and poker...on the professional circuits? How long ago?
not the big leagues . early 1970's several local houses . Two raided by police - one i hadn't got there yet - another over my limit . One in country had signal bell hose hidden on road to building ---standing at door one day as police showed up . Once i headed out the door -others screamed for me to stop = electric fence ahead in woods . Last group i played with we went to Biloxi Miss . -- some went regular . I have played in Vegas . If i was to play today some would be grandsons of group i played with 1970's . Played pool with pill jug --- draw two = one when you shot -other your ball -- You learned to make on the break or if yours fell you got paid . Had eight players many times --- made money not having to shoot . Wild things you do when Vietnam war going and 1A for draft . I won two tournaments playing foosball also 1970's ---- just disassembled my table recent .

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Wow, Barry...I enjoy stories like that. Yes, you should write a book! :)
I especially like the bell hose on the country road = brilliant!

Members online