Sorry, I meant the winner, if we have one. This contest does require someone's pick to be the overall MLB leader in that stat category. It is possible nobody picks correctly. However, I did add that I don't want to see this contest run a full season and not have some sort of prize(s) awarded, so no matter what, someone will win something in this contest.Since the season started, it DEFINITELY will end.....just when!
I knew what you meant....just me being a bit difficult!Sorry, I meant the winner, if we have one. This contest does require someone's pick to be the overall MLB leader in that stat category. It is possible nobody picks correctly. However, I did add that I don't want to see this contest run a full season and not have some sort of prize(s) awarded, so no matter what, someone will win something in this contest.
With the @mrmopar blessing, here is the mini-game he mentioned to help maintain interest between now and the end of the season.
This is only open to those who already entered his contest.
I’ll try to keep the rules as brief as possible.
1. If your player is leading or is tied for the league lead in their category through the end of a calendar month, you are eligible to play this mini-game for a chance to win a bonus prize.
2. This will run April-August.
3. The prize value is cumulative and slightly increases from one month to the next. HOWEVER, you must decide each time if you want to cash out or let it ride. Letting it ride means you think your player will maintain their lead or tie for the lead through the next calendar month. See Prize section below.
4. I will post the monthly leaders for each league/category on the 1st of each month and will tag your username to confirm your eligibility.
5. Eligible contestants must confirm their choice in this thread by the 2nd of the month. For example, if your player is leading their category through April, you must confirm in this thread if you want to cash out or let it ride through May by May 2nd.
Otherwise, you win nothing and are eliminated from the mini-game.
6. You can only play the mini-game ONCE and can only cash out ONCE.
7. Once you start the mini-game and either cash out or have your streak broken, that’s it. Your mini-game is over.
Letch77 has Freddie Freeman as the NL hits leader.
Assume Freeman is the leader through May, but Letch wants to let it ride through June.
If Freeman drops out of the lead through June, he wins nothing and his mini-game is over, even if Freeman re-emerges as the leader at a later month in the season.
Had Freeman maintained the lead through June, Letch can choose to collect both the May and June prize, or let it ride again through July. If he cashes out, his mini-game is over. If he lets it ride through July, but Freeman loses his lead, his mini-game is over.
Had Letch cashed out for May instead, he would have collected the May prize and his mini-game is over.
Again, prizes are cumulative, but are not guaranteed in any way unless your player emerges to lead for the first time through August. The mini-game ends Aug 31st, so no need to let it ride beyond then.
The maximum payout per contestant is $100, but that involves a wire-to-wire leader with the contestant letting it ride each time. That is very unlikely, but would be exciting to watch unfold.
This is a VERY simple game to play...especially since we are only tracking 14 players.
However, you must be engaged to have a chance to win. No automatic payouts unless you actively confirm in the thread if you are cashing out or letting it ride each month...and only if your player is leading their category at the end of the previous month.
Any questions, just ask! Good luck to all.
Thanks for the green light to join your great contest!