Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I used to hoard Garvey low numbered cards whenever I could. I would try for just about anything /25 or less. Now days, with a lot of them being logo less crap, I really usually just go for one and then done. There are some older cards that do pop up from time to time that I may consider grabbing, even if I have it. Cards greater than 25 copies often only capture my attention long enough to determine if it could be a uniform number 6/xx or a variation I accept in lieu of the 6, such as 60, 66, 600, etc.

This card popped up a few times and I want to say the seller dropped the price a time or two after it didn't sell. I have this card and because it was numbered to 50 and I was pretty sure I already had 6/50, I barely took notice. Finally after seeing it a few times, I decided to look close and noticed in was 10/50. This means nothing to me normally, but in this case I was happy to see that this was also another jersey number card...BECAUSE...Ron Cey is also featured. So, todays mail brought me 1 card with two signatures. I now have the jersey "set", 6/50 & 10/50.

I don't seek these out for anyone but Garvey, but if one falls in my lap, I'll take it!

garv Cey 1.jpgGarv cay 2.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I officially am down 2 Dodgers now for 2020. Along with Betts, Victor Gonzalez pitched an inning so he is official. He has not cards on COMC. I'll see if he has anything on ebay, otherwise I wait.

I did grab this on COMC today as a possible future add. Hard to really call him a Dodger, but he is part of the organization. Dodgers signed him as a free agent 7/7/20, but he is not on the 40 man roster. If nothing else, he fills a hole in my less important AS roster collection, as he is a 1X AS. AJ Ramos. AJ-Ramos.jpg

There are two more guys on the 40 man that I don't have, but neither have played yet. Luke Raley and Zach McKinstry.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
dodger fan = mr mopar or mopar =dodger fan ? What is you mopar fav car ?
1971 Cuda would be my car of choice. I owned a 1970 Cuda and a 1970 Challenger before, but both were rough. Also had a 71 Ford LTD and couple real beater Skylarks, 70 & 71. Those are the stripped down versions of the Buick Grand Sport, like a Satellite was the base Plymouth model that would become the Road Runner. Love most of the 68-71 vintage Mopars and really all of the US muscle cars of that era. 68 GTO & 70 Chevelle are a couple non-Mopar favorites.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
first car was my parents 54 DeSoto Firedome ----bought new ----still in a building - i wrecked 1970 still drove . also i have 60 Desoto used to show ----have had 5 parts cars -sold parts around world BEFORE metal was banned or high fees . never bought 64 cuda i liked ---mixed many a drink in one LOL NEVER a ford -- won't buy local Chev . Still drive a Dodge van

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Today brings 1 Dodgers certified card, a new Andruw Jones archives /9. Jones 9.jpg

The other certified card I received was Moose Skowron, but as a Yankee. Skowron.jpg

I also received 2 8x10s, One of Don Drysdale and 1 of Steve Garvey. Garv Drysdale.jpg

A lot netted me several Garvey MSU cards as well.

Garv MSU 1.jpg

The last item is the big score, some game specific promotional cards only available at 1 minor league game in Michigan from 2013. First one I have seen unsigned and have only seen 2 others signed before this. Garv MSU 2.jpg