Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Ok so I did my first BCA today as a test. I filled out the information back on July 3rd and it just cleared today.

I am curious what others think. It is a BGS graded card and listed below is the serial number and identifiers.

What does everyone think it would be valued at?

Card Serial Number: 0004133288

Set Name : 2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs
Player Name : A.Rodriguez 1994 SF/1
Date Graded : Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 8.5
Autograph Grade : Not Available
Final Grade : 9.0

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Eh.
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/124411-1-1-cards-no-longer-exist.html#post1995430

That's you asking if someone else had that exact card.
As a matter of fact, I seem to recall a lengthy thread about those ARod throwbacks a while back where the person was persistant about them all being 1/1's or something.

Yes that was me asking in the other thread about the arod throwback card.

In 2005 I guess Arod was an exclusive signer for Topps and they had what was called an Arod Throwback Insert set both autographed versions and unautographed versions.

Autograph Parallel Cards
- All Cards Are Refractors - Print Run Shown Below -

A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1 /1
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #95AR 1995 XF #/25
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #96AR 1996 RF #/50
A-Rod Throwback Autographs #97AR 1997 CH #/99

2005 Bowman Chrome Baseball Box - Complete Set Checklist

As you can see there are different versions of the autograph cards which are limited to different amounts. The 94 card is limited to being just one card.

Every checklist I have found online seems to state that the 94 Arod is a SF but I am unsure that a SF or SuperFractor was ever made for this card.

My thoughts are that Topps released a sell sheet or checklist and made a mistake designating the card as a SF and everyone else just copied it and it was never fixed.

A_Pharis

I thought we had a thread about it on FCB, but here's the thread on Blowout:
2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1 - Blowout Cards Forums

Dave - I think the answers you got about the card on BO were sufficient and accurate. So, before you ask, it's not the 1/1 superfractor. The value is worth MUCH LESS than that of the actual autographed versions because it is a backdoored version that isn't valid. There are probably more.

If you persist in any way about this card here in the same way you did there then I won't take very kindly to it.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Bingo.

Remember the old username? If it was banned, I have a nice surprise for the new one.

I do not have another username for this site and I was never banned from this site.

I was banned from Blowout Cards forum for asking about error cards but nothing else.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I thought we had a thread about it on FCB, but here's the thread on Blowout:
2005 Bowman Chrome A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94AR 1994 SF #1/1 - Blowout Cards Forums

Dave - I think the answers you got about the card on BO were sufficient and accurate. So, before you ask, it's not the 1/1 superfractor. The value is worth MUCH LESS than that of the actual autographed versions because it is a backdoored version that isn't valid. There are probably more.

If you persist in any way about this card here in the same way you did there then I won't take very kindly to it.

I am unsure who you are but I already spoke with the owner of freedom card and specifically asked if I would get in trouble for posting about error cards.

I am sorry you are mistaken and feel that the people on Blowout who bullied me, threatened me and harrassed me was somehow OK.

If you would like to clear anything up that is fine but please don't ban me because of a card I have.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I just wanted to clear a few things up with me and about this card.

I am new here to FCB and have never had another username here. I will also always obey the rules and be respectful of other members.

I also wanted to clear up a few misconceptions there seem to be about this card.

I will not refer to this card as a 1/1 because I was instructed not to by the moderator but I would like to point out that Beckett did grade this card and does have it listed as a 1/1. It was also brought to my attention that there is another card like mine owned by someone else but I would like to point out that his card has not been certified or graded.

Another misconception seems to be that this card was backdoored or something and again would like to point out that this is not true. In 2005 the gentleman who pulled it from a pack wrote to Becketts Readers Writes section and Beckett actually asked Topps about this card.

Topps did comment to Beckett (December 2005) in the Readers Writes section of the magazine years back and they said "During production, chrome cards have a tendency to stick together. This is what most likely happened and an unknown number of unsigned cards were accidentally inserted into packs. Any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation."

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Dave, please continue to post, pitchforks and torches will go away at some point. I wish sooner than later since this XXXX stunts membership growth.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
This is the appraisal certificate but I am unsure if they valued it as the card with the autograph or the card without the autograph and will have to clarify that part. I guess they value it at $1200.00

8769703571698784_296_699[1]-page-001.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts