Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First Beckett Certified Appraisal 2005 Bowman A-Rod Throwback Autographs #94A Alex Rodriguez

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This is the appraisal certificate but I am unsure if they valued it as the card with the autograph or the card without the autograph and will have to clarify that part. I guess they value it at $1200.00

View attachment 19154
Whichever way they valued it, this is the entertaining part! Welcome to the boards! Its always an interesting discussion about how to "value" certain cards, in relation to selling vs. Insurance purposes, especially on a card not easily replaced

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
This is the appraisal certificate but I am unsure if they valued it as the card with the autograph or the card without the autograph and will have to clarify that part. I guess they value it at $1200.00

View attachment 19154
A card is worth only what you can get someone to pay you for it. A 1/1 has no value until the person with the 1/1 agrees with another person on a price. Until then it's just another card of a player who has such a tarnished history I doubt anyone would pay much more than $20 for it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can we get a picture of this card? I feel like the only one who hasn't seen a picture but I bet if I visit the BO thread, it's there ::facepalm::

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can we get a picture of this card? I feel like the only one who hasn't seen a picture but I bet if I visit the BO thread, it's there ::facepalm::
Nevermind... I see it in the link.

So this card was graded first by Beckett? God, no offense but what a terrible looking card.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!!!

A_Pharis

View attachment 19154

That's not this card, man.

Beckett Card Appraisal means absolutely nothing. You don't even have to send the card in for inspection. You just search beckett's Checklist for the card, add it and they give you a printable PDF with the card you choose along with an "appraisal".

I could go and "appraise" that same card. You can attach an image, but it's not required as anyone that saw that at Beckett would know it's not a 1/1 since other copies have shown up on the market at other times.

And, yes, I instructed you to not try to debate it being a 1/1 - yet, here we are. You have already been extensively shown that it is NOT a 1/1, and that Appraisal isn't worth the time it took to generate the PDF.

A_Pharis

Nevermind... I see it in the link.

So this card was graded first by Beckett? God, no offense but what a terrible looking card.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!!!

It was an unintentionally released card. One that was probably scrapped before release but slipped into packaging (like the 2005 Donruss Inside View cards). The result is that the only legit auto'd 94 reprint is the "SF" (Superfractor)... which this is not.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
That's not this card, man.

Beckett Card Appraisal means absolutely nothing. You don't even have to send the card in for inspection. You just search beckett's Checklist for the card, add it and they give you a printable PDF with the card you choose along with an "appraisal".

I could go and "appraise" that same card. You can attach an image, but it's not required as anyone that saw that at Beckett would know it's not a 1/1 since other copies have shown up on the market at other times.

And, yes, I instructed you to not try to debate it being a 1/1 - yet, here we are. You have already been extensively shown that it is NOT a 1/1, and that Appraisal isn't worth the time it took to generate the PDF.

Well I am sorry you disagree with Beckett but if you look up the Beckett graded serial number you will see they do refer to it as to it as the 94 Arod Throwback which is supposed to be one card.

In the population report you will also not there is just one of these cards graded.

You are more than welcome to contact Beckett and ask them about this if you would like.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Is this the same guy that owns the Hosmer 2011 TU Canary that wants $1500 or the authors Canseco RC? Same dillusions.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well I am sorry you disagree with Beckett but if you look up the Beckett graded serial number you will see they do refer to it as to it as the 94 Arod Throwback which is supposed to be one card.

In the population report you will also not there is just one of these cards graded.

You are more than welcome to contact Beckett and ask them about this if you would like.
Just because a POP report shows 1 doesn't mean the card is a 1/1... maybe this statement is IMO but I think it's not.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Mr A Pharis you certainly have quite a few opinions about my card, some of which are not entirely accurate and that's fine but all I can go by is the research I did.

The facts are this is the only version of this card that has been authenticated and graded. There is another person who allegedly has the same card but I am unsure as to its authenticity until it is graded.

Another fact is that this card was inserted into packs and is not a back door card or anything like.

The part I am unsure of and you are probably unsure of as well as if there was ever a SuperFractor for this card. I have an opinion about that and I don't think there was a Superfrctor made for this card. I think back in 2005 a checklist was probably released from Topps mistankenly calling this card on the checklist a SF and all the other websites just copied the original checklist that was put out with the error on it.

But again that is only my opinion and not fact.

If anyone can confirm that a SF version for this card was made that would be great and much appreciated.

A_Pharis

The slab would state /1 if it were a 1/1.
It does not.

Beckett does not always list cards - especially error designations, backdoored or otherwise unintentionally released cards. The reason they list the 94 auto as a 1/1 is because the "SF" superfractor IS a 1/1.
Your card, however, is NOT a superfractor from that release.

THIS is what a SUperfractor from that set looks like.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Is this the same guy that owns the Hosmer 2011 TU Canary that wants $1500 or the authors Canseco RC? Same dillusions.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

I am not the person who owns those cards.

Also I would appreciate you refrain from saying I have delusions as I have not posted anything that would warrant a comment like that.

Thanks

A_Pharis

The part I am unsure of and you are probably unsure of as well as if there was ever a SuperFractor for this card. I have an opinion about that and I don't think there was a Superfrctor made for this card. I think back in 2005 a checklist was probably released from Topps mistankenly calling this card on the checklist a SF and all the other websites just copied the original checklist that was put out with the error on it.

You not seeing a superfractor does not mean it doesn't exist. Why would it being not autographed make it automatically the super?

It's more likely it was meant to be a chrome non-auto, and the template for the autographed designation got used. It was probably then subsequently scrapped. I just don't get how you think Beckett made a mistake in listing a "SF" designation, but then you tell me that I should contact them about it being a 1/1.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
The slab would state /1 if it were a 1/1.
It does not.

Beckett does not always list cards - especially error designations, backdoored or otherwise unintentionally released cards. The reason they list the 94 auto as a 1/1 is because the "SF" superfractor IS a 1/1.
Your card, however, is NOT a superfractor from that release.

THIS is what a SUperfractor from that set looks like.

I am unsure what that card is that you posted as I have never seen that before but Beckett grading does list this card as an of one card or /1.

I am not arguing about that in any way but if you have a problem with this card as being referred to as an of one or /1 card then you would need to ask Beckett about that.

A_Pharis

I am unsure what that card is that you posted as I have never seen that before but Beckett grading does list this card as an of one card or /1.

I am not arguing about that in any way but if you have a problem with this card as being referred to as an of one or /1 card then you would need to ask Beckett about that.

Please show me on this scan of your slab where it says "/1"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts