Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Alan Trammell collection website

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
That's a nice looking website and although I really can't offer up any tips because I'm not a website expert by any means, I can truly appreciate your interest and have seen your numerous posts through the years being a fellow Trammell fan myself.

Alan Trammell was my idol growing up and I always wore the number 3 growing up when I played baseball and softball because of him. At one time I had so many of his low-numbered cards, especially anything Serial #'d to 3, 1st Serial #'d, 1/1's, multiple Auto's, Multi-Colored Auto'd jersey cards and anything and everything in between.
I picked most of them up in the 2000's and most were fairly cheap because their wasn't really a huge market in Trammell items at that time.

Unfortunately I made the decision to sell off everything when they went up in price just a little and I needed the money. Looking back though I wish that I had kept everything.

I picked up a few items here and there and I do have someone that has a signed Trammell Louisville Slugger 84 World Series MVP Black Bat that's signed in silver. He also has a blond Rawlings signed Big Stick as well as an 84 signed World Series program and a signed 84 Sports Illustrated MVP edition. Trying to work out a deal with him on those as we speak. He's kind of pricey though and I haven't found equivalent sales on the black bat

So well done my friend on a very nice collection of a Truly Classy and Professional HOF Great and Good Luck in your future pursuits!!

BTW, He STILL should have been selected as the 1987 American League MVP over George Bell! He was robbed!! 😒

Last edited:

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great collection spanning 6 decades! I like the clean look of your site.

BTW, the checklist page is blank for me. I imagine it is still a work in progress.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks everyone for checking it out!

@DragonWagon - One day I will scan the backs....one day.....

@Randy Shields - I too started collecting in the 2000's...there were a few good years of prices. Now they are a little high for my tastes. Also - Randy Rhoads is one of the best. Just picked up a King V for my birthday but was really torn at getting a Rhoads instead.

@nevermore - checklist is coming next! Also - never though about how it went across 6 decades...yeesh, haha!

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Awesome!! I look forward to scanning over your site to see all of these wonderful cards I'm going to be drooling over! Trammell was my favorite player as I first learned about baseball growing up. :) Then Travis Fryman became my all-time favorite as he took over for Alan in the early 90's. And Mr Shields - I still have that nice Tram jersey my friend. Definitely worth giving you kudos again for that one!

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Also - is your wantlist completely listed? I noticed a few cards in my collection from oddball/team sets that I have of Trammell that I didn't see listed or posted in your inventory. I didn't know how thorough you were searching for 90's issues or earlier.

Greg

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Also - is your wantlist completely listed? I noticed a few cards in my collection from oddball/team sets that I have of Trammell that I didn't see listed or posted in your inventory. I didn't know how thorough you were searching for 90's issues or earlier.

Greg
Greg - thank for checking out the site. I still haven't added all of my oddsized stuff, stickers, mini cards, oversized stuff. A lot of the team giveaways are in that binder.

The list should be pretty thorough - the 1982 Blackless was left off as were any show stamp, sample, print error cards.