Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Alan Trammell collection website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
Looks great! My only suggestion would be to add scans of the backs. I enjoy looking at the front and reading the stats and info on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
That's a nice looking website and although I really can't offer up any tips because I'm not a website expert by any means, I can truly appreciate your interest and have seen your numerous posts through the years being a fellow Trammell fan myself.

Alan Trammell was my idol growing up and I always wore the number 3 growing up when I played baseball and softball because of him. At one time I had so many of his low-numbered cards, especially anything Serial #'d to 3, 1st Serial #'d, 1/1's, multiple Auto's, Multi-Colored Auto'd jersey cards and anything and everything in between.
I picked most of them up in the 2000's and most were fairly cheap because their wasn't really a huge market in Trammell items at that time.

Unfortunately I made the decision to sell off everything when they went up in price just a little and I needed the money. Looking back though I wish that I had kept everything.

I picked up a few items here and there and I do have someone that has a signed Trammell Louisville Slugger 84 World Series MVP Black Bat that's signed in silver. He also has a blond Rawlings signed Big Stick as well as an 84 signed World Series program and a signed 84 Sports Illustrated MVP edition. Trying to work out a deal with him on those as we speak. He's kind of pricey though and I haven't found equivalent sales on the black bat

So well done my friend on a very nice collection of a Truly Classy and Professional HOF Great and Good Luck in your future pursuits!!

BTW, He STILL should have been selected as the 1987 American League MVP over George Bell! He was robbed!! 😒

Last edited:

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great collection spanning 6 decades! I like the clean look of your site.

BTW, the checklist page is blank for me. I imagine it is still a work in progress.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks everyone for checking it out!

@DragonWagon - One day I will scan the backs....one day.....

@Randy Shields - I too started collecting in the 2000's...there were a few good years of prices. Now they are a little high for my tastes. Also - Randy Rhoads is one of the best. Just picked up a King V for my birthday but was really torn at getting a Rhoads instead.

@nevermore - checklist is coming next! Also - never though about how it went across 6 decades...yeesh, haha!

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Awesome!! I look forward to scanning over your site to see all of these wonderful cards I'm going to be drooling over! Trammell was my favorite player as I first learned about baseball growing up. :) Then Travis Fryman became my all-time favorite as he took over for Alan in the early 90's. And Mr Shields - I still have that nice Tram jersey my friend. Definitely worth giving you kudos again for that one!

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Also - is your wantlist completely listed? I noticed a few cards in my collection from oddball/team sets that I have of Trammell that I didn't see listed or posted in your inventory. I didn't know how thorough you were searching for 90's issues or earlier.

Greg

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Also - is your wantlist completely listed? I noticed a few cards in my collection from oddball/team sets that I have of Trammell that I didn't see listed or posted in your inventory. I didn't know how thorough you were searching for 90's issues or earlier.

Greg

Greg - thank for checking out the site. I still haven't added all of my oddsized stuff, stickers, mini cards, oversized stuff. A lot of the team giveaways are in that binder.

The list should be pretty thorough - the 1982 Blackless was left off as were any show stamp, sample, print error cards.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I too started collecting in the 2000's...there were a few good years of prices. Now they are a little high for my tastes. Also - Randy Rhoads is one of the best. Just picked up a King V for my birthday but was really torn at getting a Rhoads instead.

Yes he was and the Rhoads are obviously nice but the King V is as well! Of course if I had it my way and had the money I'd buy a Concorde Tribute! Lol... I believe they only made 60 of those though. 30 for the US and 30 International. Interestingly enough the concept for Randy's original Concorde was drawn by him on a paper napkin back in 1980 as he
pretty much starting it all for Jackson. Also the original manufacturer's price on the Tribute was placed at $12,619.56
That's actually Randy's birthday.
No idea how much one of those would bring today though but it sure would be cool to have one!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Awesome!! I look forward to scanning over your site to see all of these wonderful cards I'm going to be drooling over! Trammell was my favorite player as I first learned about baseball growing up. :) Then Travis Fryman became my all-time favorite as he took over for Alan in the early 90's. And Mr Shields - I still have that nice Tram jersey my friend. Definitely worth giving you kudos again for that one!

Hey Greg, good seeing you my friend!

The Trammell jersey couldn't have went to a better guy!! I never knew though that you were a big Trammell guy before you fell in love with Fryman. That's not a bad combination though it all!! (y)😃

Go Tigers!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Man - great work! I don't have any critiques...just wanted to say congratulations and it looks great!

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
I really enjoyed looking through your collection. I've thought about doing something similar but wouldn't know where to begin. Seeing all these cards posted next to one another by year, it's amazing that anyone ever purchased anything other than Upper Deck cards in those early years of the company. The quality of their cards really stands out when placed next to the majority of the competing issues.

Curious if you have a favorite in the collection?

Great job on the site!

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
@mouschi - thanks!

@1998 SPx - I never really thought of a favorite card. I guess there are a lot of different ones. 1988 Topps because thats my favorite topps design and one of the first sets I collected. The Pinnacle museum collections are great too because of the dufex. The 1995 Electric Diamond Gold just because that is one of the grails of his playing day collection. There are a bunch of post 2000 cards I like as well.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Very nice website. I really like how clean it looks by having the card descriptions only visible when hovering over them. May be inspired to work more on my Trammell collection. I took a look at your want list and I don't think I have dupes of anything but I'll double check my Recollection autos.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
@UMich92 - Thanks for checking out the site!

Anything you can find I am willing to trade way in your favor for. It is a very slow go picking up anything I need from the past.

Laurra1

Sep 5, 2021
USA
It is a pretty good website. I love how you made it. My congratulations! Nowadays, it isn't so difficult to build your own site, as you can find everything you need on the Internet and it is not necessary to be a professional. However, even if it is quite easy to build a site, in my opinion, creating the design is the hardest step, this is why I also say when I see a good design. I don't know about you, but I always check this article https://sitebuilder.reviews/business/12-best-sources-for-web-design-inspiration/ when I need some new ideas for the design.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts