Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

new weightloss thread

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
March 5th of this year, I decided it was time to lose some weight. At 26 years old, and at 237 pounds I felt unhealthy and wanted to make a change. That day I decided to eliminate soda and beer from my diet. I would also eliminate junk food. Instead of the junk food I replaced that with Yogurt and granola. I portion my meals as well. My goal was to lose 20-25 pounds. Well today I stepped on the scale and I am now at 173 pounds. A 64 pound decrease in 4 months. I did this all by changing my diet and eliminating soda/beer. I have not felt this good in a long time, and this thread gave me some motivation to get back into shape.

Wow, congrats! I love hearing stories like this.

...I wish I could give up beer.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
March 5th of this year, I decided it was time to lose some weight. At 26 years old, and at 237 pounds I felt unhealthy and wanted to make a change. That day I decided to eliminate soda and beer from my diet. I would also eliminate junk food. Instead of the junk food I replaced that with Yogurt and granola. I portion my meals as well. My goal was to lose 20-25 pounds. Well today I stepped on the scale and I am now at 173 pounds. A 64 pound decrease in 4 months. I did this all by changing my diet and eliminating soda/beer. I have not felt this good in a long time, and this thread gave me some motivation to get back into shape.
I did a similar thing a few years ago. Went from 280 to 160 with running. Bumped back to 180 with some weight lifting and will never go back. Nice work!

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Get into a state of nutritional ketosis and the fat will melt right off of your body.

`Getting in shape is always a good idea. I let myself go these past few years and got up to around 245 up until around a year ago(I am 5'10). I am down to 220 now, and am sometimes around 215. I still have a ways to go, but I feel much better about myself.

`Random women/girls approach me at school all the time, so I know its working. I have more game now than I ever have. This gorgeous face, beautiful long hair that women love to play with,intelligence, and sense of humor are qualities that many other men do not posses all at once. I am a special breed.

Last edited:

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
We had a blood draw screening at school in April and my blood sugar came back pretty high. I went cold turkey on sodas and my blood sugar is down to 105, still a bit high, but way better than before.

Coincidentally, shares of Coca-Cola are down 12% over the past two months. :)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm going for losing about 60 pounds. Had a re-occurring toe injury and 80+hour work weeks that's killed my exercise but now I'm in spot to fix both...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Started my diet today, full out with weight watchers.

Never did a brand name diet, always my self.

I'm at 236 and I guess ideally I'd like to be at the mendoza Line eventually.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Removal of processed foods alone will make anyone with obesity or fatty areas lose an extreme amount of weight very quickly.

Fat does not make a human fat. Sugar and chemicals do.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Removal of processed foods alone will make anyone with obesity or fatty areas lose an extreme amount of weight very quickly.

Fat does not make a human fat. Sugar and chemicals do.

Also no carbs does the trick too. Have lost 20 lbs so far with the fat diet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
what I have been doing is cutting out the crap bakery food in the morning and having a shakeology as the replacement. Its been great. Also cut out Soda, been drinking lots of water.

if anyone every wants to try the shakes let me know, just signed up as a coach but wont be pushing it like others do on facebook/etc

http://www.shakeology.com/allincards

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Also cut out Soda, been drinking lots of water.

Soda is a big one. Most obese or overweight people drink a lot of soda- even diet soda will make you gain weight. Besides all the sugar; it's the chemicals in Mountain Dew, root beer; diet coke ect ect. The body can't process it so its "stored" as fat. Then the high amount of sugar is just as troubling.

Soda is extremely bad for the body.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I thought it would be hard to drop the soda. Not hard at all. Just picked up some new Tervis for myself

1442844688923.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Week one and I've lost 5.6 pounds.

Also walked four times for 30 minutes each time last week.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I'm down 25 pounds so far since June 1st. Cut out pop and most fast food (I was a HUGE Pepsi drinker) and started walking more often at night. I've hit a wall in the last few weeks - stuck at 231-233 - and need to mix something up to push past. I'm really trying to cut back on carbs and I'm trying the shakology thing with my wife (she's been a coach for a while). Any other tips to push past the wall?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm down 25 pounds so far since June 1st. Cut out pop and most fast food (I was a HUGE Pepsi drinker) and started walking more often at night. I've hit a wall in the last few weeks - stuck at 231-233 - and need to mix something up to push past. I'm really trying to cut back on carbs and I'm trying the shakology thing with my wife (she's been a coach for a while). Any other tips to push past the wall?

Steroids...jk. Good progress man! Keep it up. Do u lift too or just cardio?

Latest posts