Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nov Night Crew

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving. I have been a bit down lately so haven't been around, but wishing you guys the best. Today I ate more than the regular canned tuna and miners lettuce by the side of house!! JV living large!! :giggle:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You know what would make all of us feel better? If you guys went in and bought the 1998 Crusade Red Alomar and sent it to me. You'd get that warm fuzzy feeling inside of doing a good deed, and I'd get a white whale. In the corporate world they would call this a win-win.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You know what will cheer us all up? Hearing the same shtty Christmas music over and over and over again. . . incoming! 😬 Which one is the worst? My vote goes for the one about the lady who wants to fck Santa. 🤔 Isn't he supposed to be 700 years old or something? just creepy.

I haven't seen too many Red Alomars over the years, I'm betting a high % of them are still in packs. Luckily he is in plain Donruss (for those who don't know the Crusades were divided into 4 sets and aren't random) which is the most loaded of the releases. (Griffey, Ripken, Canseco etc) I think I've opened 1 Donruss Update and either one plain Donruss or 1 plain Leaf. Didn't get lucky.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I believe these are the only two I've seen in 6 years. And since they're in the hands of a legendary hostage holder, they have remained unsold for that entire time. And so they shall remain until the end of time. But there's 23 others out there right? Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney for me :)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Speaking of shtty Xmas songs, I heard a Bob Marley style Jingle Bells today. 🙆‍♀️ I guess we just have to make our own seasonal songs. . . here is my nomination.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Psyched here, but not enough to fork out the money to watch. Both were phenomenal fighters in their prime. Granted, they’re pretty far from that at this point, but they are still very skilled and dangerous. Perhaps they even have some of that old man strength that I’m hoping to get at some point soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I just checked espn, and it looks like it was scored a draw even though Tyson landed many more punches. Well, OK. Two fighters with combined age over 100. Why not. It's 2020 after all. In a related story, all three broncos quarterbacks are ineligible for tomorrow's game for covid related reasons, but the team is not forfeiting. Well, why not. It's 2020 after all. This year can't go away fast enough.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Psyched here, but not enough to fork out the money to watch. Both were phenomenal fighters in their prime. Granted, they’re pretty far from that at this point, but they are still very skilled and dangerous. Perhaps they even have some of that old man strength that I’m hoping to get at some point soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Same here, I like a freak show so interest was high. :) Had to go to sleep early but when I was disappointed when I saw it was a draw, although that's a good outcome for Jones because he already has some serious brain damage.

Who do you think wins in their prime? I think Jones is just too fast for him back in the day.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I just checked espn, and it looks like it was scored a draw even though Tyson landed many more punches. Well, OK. Two fighters with combined age over 100. Why not. It's 2020 after all. In a related story, all three broncos quarterbacks are ineligible for tomorrow's game for covid related reasons, but the team is not forfeiting. Well, why not. It's 2020 after all. This year can't go away fast enough.
I've always wanted to see a team do goal-line formation every play and just direct snap it to the RB... try to get 3.5 yards each time and see what happens. Eventually you could do a shovel pass out to TE or something.

Speaking of freak shows, did you see the fight before Tyson vs Jones? Little NBA dunker Nate Robinson vs youtube douchebro Jake Paul . . .wow, legit hard KO. :whistle: He clearly didn't want to be in there, big mistake taking that fight.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hoo wee. That was rough. I remember Nate Robinson when he played for the Nuggets a few years back. Definitely a tough guy, and a real competitor. But I'm thinking he should find something besides boxing to do now.

Latest posts