Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just one today so might as well be a Hall of Famer. Corners have seen better days but I'm still happy to have it.

1984 Galasso Willie Mays.jpg1984 Galasso Willie Mays Baack.jpg

Anyone know anything about this 1984 Renata Galasso set? I know Mays signed some at release and the Auto'd version of this card is listed on TCDB. The seller said it was out of 50 but I can't find that info any where else. I have no reason to doubt him but it seems to show up a lot for a card with only 50 copies. If only they'd numbered them back then.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
No pics but I finished off the 2021 Topps Series 2 “1965 Redux” Chtome set.

Like the Series 1 “1952 Redux” Chrome set, they’re all refractors.

Only 50 cards each, still tough to find though.

They both look REALLY nice…

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 315525
The Sonny Gray Tek auto was just a cheap find that I didn't already have. The Bowman Chrome WBC Refractor Cespedes is my second one, my cat took a bite out of my other copy. Weird, she's never mangled any other cards, must have something against Cespedes. I had never seen a 2001 Fleer Showcase Sweet Sigs redemption card for Xavier Nady, just the actual auto, so I had to grab this one when it popped up.
I would have been a buyer for that Nady too, as long as it wasn't too much coin.

I love those kinds of redemption cards when it looked like a real card. Those stupid scratcher cards and/or with the small printer sticker on them are the absolute worst. The best part about these is that they almost have to be harder to find than the redeemed card, assuming they were not returned at all even altered OR in their original form and redeeming them didn't require you to write on the back.

I just picked this up and paid a pretty good amount for it for what it is (essentially a scarcer insert), but far less than the signed version.

The card makers have done some great stuff to advance the hobby, but have gone backwards in others, like this type of thing. I guess if they are being redeemed and trashed, why spend any time/effort into the "golden tickets"? I still think they are some of the greatest finds out there.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

Members online