Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now THIS is how you do an unlicensed product!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
1234253_10153304590040082_1957606661_n.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sure the card looks great when the player's back is turned to you and his helmet is to the side so no photoshopping is needed.
But unless a company makes an entire backside set, most of the cards will have the same crappy airbrushed logo look as all unlicensed cards do.

But that card does have a cool design.
It reminds me of those late '90s Fleer Metal sets.

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Sure the card looks great when the player's back is turned to you and his helmet is to the side so no photoshopping is needed.
But unless a company makes an entire backside set, most of the cards will have the same crappy airbrushed logo look as all unlicensed cards do.

But that card does have a cool design.
It reminds me of those late '90s Fleer Metal sets.

Were those sets that had the foil background with the wacky dragons and other creatures in the background?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It would be cool if the entire set was of players with their backs turned :lol:

In all seriousness, cool looking card but I'm sure the set isn't incredible when looking at as a whole

The best unlicensed set is hands down NT

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I love the unlicensed stuff. Its much better looking than Topps and they actually change the photos. Topps has used about 7 different Henderson photos in last 5 years and he has been in tons of their stuff. Boring.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Sam's not referring to making unlicensed sets with this design and technology, he's referring to making unlicensed sets of Yadier Molina.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sam's not referring to making unlicensed sets with this design and technology, he's referring to making unlicensed sets of Yadier Molina.

After seeing this card, I honestly think if an unlicensed company did do an entire set where they only had pictures of player on their card that are like this, then it would go over fantastically.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If a non-logo product looks like 1990 Post cereal throw ins of course it's junk.

But I can't really take "it's junk" seriously when a company like Panini created the product of the year in National Treasures.

There are ways around the logo issue and they nailed it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
If a non-logo product looks like 1990 Post cereal throw ins of course it's junk.

But I can't really take "it's junk" seriously when a company like Panini created the product of the year in National Treasures.

There are ways around the logo issue and they nailed it.

People loved NT because of the memorabilia it contained.

Many of the pictures in NT are awful, with the tops of heads cut off, etc

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
People loved NT because of the memorabilia it contained.

Many of the pictures in NT are awful, with the tops of heads cut off, etc

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but this Ruth is seen by some as one of the greatest baseball portraits ever done....
ConlonRuthWEB.jpg

...and it doesn't even show his entire face.

Members online