Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Obama: "We don't have a spending problem."

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Stephen Moore: The Education of John Boehner - WSJ.com

How are the Republicans supposed to negotiate with a guy who doesn't think our nation has a spending problem? No wonder nothing can get done in DC.

By the way, now that the fiscal cliff deal is over, the Dems are calling for $1 TRILLION in additional tax revenue. Where do you think that is going to come from?

No conversation can be had when you want to place blame at the feet of one side.

The republicans cant negotiate because they can agree.

As a another note, obama is an idiot for saying that.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
No conversation can be had when you want to place blame at the feet of one side.

The republicans cant negotiate because they can agree.

As a another note, obama is an idiot for saying that.

I am not saying that it is all the democrats fault. The republicans have more than their share of the blame for our financial situation. However, Obama is living on another planet.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
I am not saying that it is all the democrats fault. The republicans have more than their share of the blame for our financial situation. However, Obama is living on another planet.

Actually, he's ruling like a president who no longer has to worry about being re-elected.

It will be interesting to see how long conservatives will allow him and the left to exploit their infighting.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Actually, he's ruling like a president who no longer has to worry about being re-elected.

It will be interesting to see how long conservatives will allow him and the left to exploit their infighting.

He's doing both. Obviously, he can be his true self now when it comes to politics. What that true self is, however, is an ideologue who is not really concerned with the financial welfare of our nation. He is only concerned with seeing how much he can raise taxes, and how many benefits he can provide the populace.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
We're going off of a quote from Boehner about what Obama supposedly said to him? Come on now.

Skewed even in the slightest is an absolute guarantee. Obama (and Congress) have a spending problem, and a larger revenue problem.

Government spending always goes up in recessions to help and assist the masses. Throw in a few wars and it becomes a giant math comedy.

Neither side is totally to blame, and neither side can come up with a mutual solution.

That said, I'm glad they've been spending a lot of interest battling same sex marriage and abortions. Nothing opens up the dialogue on the economy and deficit like a moral debate farce.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
We're going off of a quote from Boehner about what Obama supposedly said to him? Come on now.

Skewed even in the slightest is an absolute guarantee. Obama (and Congress) have a spending problem, and a larger revenue problem.

:confused:

Tax Hike In Perspective.jpg

You could take all of the earnings of every American earning over $250K, all of the wealth and assets of every millionaire and billionaire, and all of the profits of the top Fortune 500 companies, and you would have enough money to run our federal government for eight months. We cannot raise enough revenue to pay for this kind of spending. It is not mathematically possible.

I do share your sentiment on how ridiculous it is that DC doesn't seem to take any of this seriously, because they'll be long gone before the stuff hits the fan.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm not convinced that anyone in Washington really believes for an honest moment that they care about the deficit.

Sure, it's great for soundbyte politics, but neither side actually cares about it. And really...the only difference between the spending of both parties generally appears to be wars and moral battles vs. social welfare. All of which are paid for with a negative balance.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
its one of those issues not even worth debating anymore since lemmings of misinformation cant be bothered to look at facts...

You seem to be the biggest obama supporting "lemming" on here. Your stance is every president did it so obama should waste 4 million on vacations too. I guess you like having your tax money wasted.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
You seem to be the biggest obama supporting "lemming" on here. Your stance is every president did it so obama should waste 4 million on vacations too. I guess you like having your tax money wasted.

Eh, i take shots at obama as well but thats not the real point. Its part of being the president, its expensive to travel. It seems when people are bored and have nothing else to discuss, this silly issue comes up.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA

So presidents shouldn't be allowed to vacation anymore? Or only places they can get to in under so many hours?

4 years of working 7 days a week, on call 24/7, and no vacations. That's a job posting that is sure to entice only the best of candidates.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Eh, i take shots at obama as well but thats not the real point. Its part of being the president, its expensive to travel. It seems when people are bored and have nothing else to discuss, this silly issue comes up.

If you are going to bring up the vacation issue at all, it should only be addressed in the "is it appropriate for the president to take multiple lavish vacations while the people he is supposed to be leading are suffering financially?" fashion.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
If you are going to bring up the vacation issue at all, it should only be addressed in the "is it appropriate for the president to take multiple lavish vacations while the people he is supposed to be leading are suffering financially?" fashion.

Every presidential vacation is lavish. they all cost money and yes, they should take vacations.

since there has never been a time in the history of this nation when part of the population wasnt suffering, you're borderline silly to even mention it or is there a certain percentage of suffering which makes a vacation ok?

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Every presidential vacation is lavish. they all cost money and yes, they should take vacations.

since there has never been a time in the history of this nation when part of the population wasnt suffering, you're borderline silly to even mention it or is there a certain percentage of suffering which makes a vacation ok?

A lavish (non Olive Garden) vacation should be taken ONLY when no one is suffering.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
When I hear "lavish vacation" and $4 million spent I think far different things than a $3.2 million dollar bill for round trip airfare.

So let's not get too carried away here. Flying anywhere on AF1 is too effin expensive...be it Chicago, Texas or Hawaii.

Members online

Latest posts