Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Obamacare Question

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Let's see if I can get an answer before this inevitably devolves into a partisan pissing contest.

I seem to remember hearing or reading that with the implementation of Obamacare, one of the benefits would be that newly graduated college students would be able to qualify for these jobs created as part of its implementation. In fact, I almost remember saying that hiring recent graduates was one of the selling points for it. Can anyone point me in the direction of an article that elaborates on that? Or did I just bump my head on something, and I'm wr-wr-wr-confused?

Please wait until I get some sort of answer or link before the commencement of the bickering.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
What I remember is them saying that with these jobs that would have to be created, there was going to be a push to staff them with recent college graduates - I'm not sure if it was an official push, or just a talking point.

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

CARDMAN

May 20, 2011
Lufkin , Texas
Not Sure, Everyone should demand a copy of it so we know exactly what it says (its only what 5400 pages long, bigger than the bible) .

Come on , lets help kill a forest, what do we need trees for ?

In fact lets kill all the trees , lets all demand that every law ever written be delivered in our mail boxes, You know so we know them and don't break them.

Last edited:

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Not Sure, Everyone should demand a copy of it so we know exactly what it says (its only what 5400 pages long, bigger than the bible) .

In fact lets kill all the trees , lets all demand that every law ever written be delivered in our mail boxes, You know so we know them and don't break them.
Here's a PDF copy if you'd like - Read the Law | HHS.gov/healthcare

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I don't recall hearing anything about Affordable Care Act jobs going to college grads once things get implemented. Most of the stuff they mentioned for college students or recent grads was that they could stay on their parents' insurance until they were 26.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul

I don't know if I should say that your reply was unhelpful or stupid, so congratulations on earning both adjectives!

CARDMAN

May 20, 2011
Lufkin , Texas
I don't know if I should say that your reply was unhelpful or stupid, so congratulations on earning both adjectives!
Whats stupid is the fact that if everyone wanted to read a paper copy of all the laws ever made that the entire forest would have to be chopped down in order for everyone to have a copy . That is just too many laws. Did you Vote for Obama (if so that was STUPID).

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Whats stupid is the fact that if everyone wanted to read a paper copy of all the laws ever made that the entire forest would have to be chopped down in order for everyone to have a copy . That is just too many laws. Did you Vote for Obama (if so that was STUPID).
Nope, I voted for Romney. Anything else I can clarify for you?

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas

I wouldn't mind lawmakers actually reading bills before voting on them.

"We have to pass it to see what's in it."

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The Affordable Care Act wasn't about creating jobs, it was so health care could be available on an interstate exchange, making the cost more affordable for all that wasn't covered by an employers plan.

The creation of jobs is going to be the by product of the AFCA. I could see how if someone were in college to be a medical coding, biller or collector might get preferential hiring with an insurance company, hospital or Dr's office.

BTW, I pay into the AFCA every hour of my working day. $0.05 per wage goes into the AFCA start up fund in exchange for my employer plan to be exempt from the AFCA. I will pay the $0.05 per hour until 2021 then it goes up to $0.07 per hour. Happy to pay it if it helps those who need the insurance, get the insurance. To look at it this way, I can sponsor a child in Africa for just $0.99 per day or help someone here in the USA get health insurance for $0.60 per day.

Fordman

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
The creation of jobs is going to be the by product of the AFCA. I could see how if someone were in college to be a medical coding, biller or collector might get preferential hiring with an insurance company, hospital or Dr's office.
Fordman
Now I think I'm getting warmer - I was referring to the byproduct of job creation. Maybe it was just a talking head on TV saying how this could be a good opportunity for newly-graduated students to have jobs available.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry E, never heard that possible upside.

Some media people intially said more qualified folks would get hired to help companies understand and implement it, but that never came true, it's pretty straightgforward. Maybe that's what you heard

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Sorry E, never heard that possible upside.

Some media people intially said more qualified folks would get hired to help companies understand and implement it, but that never came true, it's pretty straightgforward. Maybe that's what you heard

Well, there are people being hired in every state to help those signing up for coverage with navigation. There are also grants being given to organization to help people sign up. Also, insurance companies who are participiating are/will be hiring more people to help with the increase in membership. Although I dont exactly care for the law there is no denying that people will get jobs because of it...

Members online

Latest posts