Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oct. Night Crew

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I like how when you google Charlie Haeger his offiical pic is in a Mariners uni, despite never playing a game for that team. :LOL: They somehow find new ways to get the short end of the stick.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Is it too early to start the speculation on where FredFred Porcello will play next season? I have some ideas but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks first.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Cool card, I think I had one of those but forget which player... hmm.

I wonder if Colorado is nice enough for FredFred at this point and can even afford him. :LOL: Its going to need to be a team that likes modern analytics because the FIP was quality but ERA was ass.

...athough his quality wasnt anywhere a 3.3x FIP, smaller sample size. Feels like either Oakland, Seattle, Barv, perhaps Astro.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, yeah, maybe the Rockies won't make a "pitch" for him. But he's a guy who once had some success and is now basically washed up, so I can see Jeff Bridich going after him thinking he can get him on the cheap, and bring him back to his Cy Young form. Speaking of which, if you take that one season off his resume, he's basically a .500 pitcher with an ERA+ well below league average. So yeah, our kind of guy. Like Ubaldo, only more expensive :)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey, where's CardCop these days? Any sightings on this or any other board? James, where are you?!?!
CardCop, the hero we badly need. . . but perhaps don't deserve. 😂 All hail King James.

I should have mentioned Japan for FredFred too... sometimes washed up guys still get good money over there. The fact he is a random guy with a slider though makes me think the Mariners are jerking off to his B-roll film right now. 🤫 Rockies would be a fun landing spot I just think he is the type to wimper about Coors. The greatest thing ever would be him becoming a Yankee... but is that even possible?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Yes that knock out was crazy, that poor guy probably thought he was in the best spot when he caught his leg, now he will love forever on the wrong end of a highlight

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Back after some time off.... I was really really sick. First I thought bad food poisoning but then fever too so idk. :(

The good news is that Dee Gordon got his 2021 option declined so he is no longer a Mariner, making room for FF.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
.....and yeah, that probably is the best KO of all time now that we have had a moment to process it, but wanna hear my favorite? :)

They cut out how long she was down to try to downplay the damage!
:cool:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Jesus man. Well, welcome back. Here's hoping for a bug-free 2021 for you. And me too, come to think of it.

I'm just turning in now. A long day of working on the house, then I hung out with a friend over a bottle of wine, and then scanned some baseball cards. Up to 1162 Alomar cards scanned...roughly 25%. I started this project in May, so yeah I'm on target for an 18 month effort in total :)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Jesus man. Well, welcome back. Here's hoping for a bug-free 2021 for you. And me too, come to think of it.

I'm just turning in now. A long day of working on the house, then I hung out with a friend over a bottle of wine, and then scanned some baseball cards. Up to 1162 Alomar cards scanned...roughly 25%. I started this project in May, so yeah I'm on target for an 18 month effort in total :)
Nice, what did Alomar have... about 1.3k cards? and now you're scanning all of yours to put on the walls of your house ;) or maybe the entire house is built with recycled Alomar Fleer cards, like the 3 little piggies.

As for me I will take the recent problem as free weight loss. It reminds me of this great parody.

As an Alice In Chains fan I heard this years ago and was laughing my ass off, didn't see it again until recently.
They really should have tried to emulate the great solo in the song just for lols.

Members online

Latest posts