Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OCTOBER 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Starting us out again on Oct 1.

Cobra! Parker.jpg

David Thompson. D Thompson.jpg

A set I was unaware of until I reread the Annual Krause FB guide. This is right in my wheelhouse, a 3 card set made by Score apparently only available with the purchase of a 1992 NFL VHS Follies tape! My Viking interest is what lead me to buy the set, along with the fact that I love oddball that was not pack original. 92 sCORE NFL Follies.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Another small mail day

One for the Significant Signatures rebuild
Yogi Berra.jpg

And a football RC with a story. I got to spend a day with Bob St. Clair while attending an engineering program at the University of Tulsa during the summer of 1994. Bob was a managing partner in a pipeline company then and a heck of a nice guy. He took a 14 year old kid to the most expensive lunch I'd ever had to that point (honestly might still be). I had no idea you could spend $200 at lunch lol. I'd never seen a blue rare steak actually get eaten either but I think it was probably overcooked for Bob. He had a bowl of raw hamburger in the mini fridge in his office for a snack.
1955 Bowman Bob St Clair.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A pretty fantastic mail day. I really need to STOP!

Brooks /25 and Gaylord /25. B Robby 25.jpgpERRY 25.jpg

Carew - Advertised as limited to 30 copies, but not numbered. Was going to be a double Carew mail day (and it was), but I need to return the Golden Anniversary card. Has some damage that I am just not willing to accept at the buy price. Too bad too, great card. I can see it now in the corner of the listing pic though, the card is yellowed and the cardboard is yellow from the side. I think maybe this one got cat pee on it! Not sure, but there is a look to the card that suggests it was wet.

Carew 30.jpgCarew Golden Ann.jpg

Dunn . This guy still sells fairly well, given his overall career. A Dunn.jpg

Freehan. Freehan.jpg

Jethroe and Radcliffe. Jethroe.jpgrADCLIFFE.jpg

Going to max out the 10 scan rule, so To be continued....

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1993 Goudey #25 Paul Waner RC -- Impulse buy, absolutely love the colors and composition of this card. Back is glued, but front displays well. Technically a Yankee hall of famer as he finished his career playing 10 games in pinstripes. I have thrown around the idea of collecting left handed hall of famers, perhaps this will get the ball rolling.

lot10746720 (1).jpglot10746720.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
1993 Goudey #25 Paul Waner RC -- Impulse buy, absolutely love the colors and composition of this card. Back is glued, but front displays well. Technically a Yankee hall of famer as he finished his career playing 10 games in pinstripes. I have thrown around the idea of collecting left handed hall of famers, perhaps this will get the ball rolling.

View attachment 342403View attachment 342404
Waner, both of them, goes into the Dodger HOF collection too.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A few more solid mail days in my future and hopefully things will slow and I can catch up a bit. Been spending too much!

Some RGI sets to start me off today. 3 total, still missing set 2 though. I'll get it eventually. RGI Sets.jpg

Mutumbo. This is a Score Board thing and looks to possibly be sealed inside this thick case! I want it out, so will have to look at it closer at a later time.s-l1600-2.jpg

Drexler Fleer w/ Stamp. I wonder about Fleer stuff sometimes though. How hard would it be to make a stamp/embosser? Fleer is gone now too, so who's watching?Drexler.jpg

Vinny T. Vinny T.jpg

Dickerson. Dickerson.jpg

This is pretty cool and not sure I'd actually seen one before, although wasn't looking per se. Kind of like the elusive Lombardi Trophy cards, these were tough pulls in a grossly overproduced set. Pro Set Platinum Paul Brown. hand numbered to 1500 copies back in 1991! That was a tough pull. Contains 1.28 G of platinum. s-l1600-1.jpg

Finally a pretty rare (for me) hockey card. This was being sold by the guy selling a lot of early insert/autos and this was advertised as a redemption auto. I don't doubt it, but didn't look it up to verify. Daigle was a top pick and popular around 1993. Probably hot commodity in 1993, now so much now, but it still ran me about $15. s-l1600.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
This is pretty cool and not sure I'd actually seen one before, although wasn't looking per se. Kind of like the elusive Lombardi Trophy cards, these were tough pulls in a grossly overproduced set. Pro Set Platinum Paul Brown. hand numbered to 1500 copies back in 1991! That was a tough pull. Contains 1.28 G of platinum. View attachment 342410

Finally a pretty rare (for me) hockey card. This was being sold by the guy selling a lot of early insert/autos and this was advertised as a redemption auto. I don't doubt it, but didn't look it up to verify. Daigle was a top pick and popular around 1993. Probably hot commodity in 1993, now so much now, but it still ran me about $15. View attachment 342411
I don't think I've ever seen the Paul Brown before. I vaguely remember them being in packs though.

The Daigle was a pack insert I think. Seems like there was a Lindros redemption of some sort but I think the Daigle autos were live. Been too long. It's the only hockey product I've ever opened a lot of because I was chasing the Masks dufex inserts.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A pretty fine mail day indeed. Finally snagged a Rivera. One of the few living HOFers I didn't have yet, if I was missing anyone else buy him. He is way too expensive and I probably should have just waited it out to see if/when prices dropped to a reasonable level. There seems to be no shortage, so he is clearly very popular. At least it was an older school auto and not some sparkly new one. M Rivera.jpg

Should have shown the Oliver in the Dodger thread to stay consistent, but it may even be a dupe. It's 73T /30. Oliver 30.jpg

Slowly trying to fill in this set I tried to complete when it was new. Shame Brock was another back signer. Gibson and Snider did it too. Brock F.jpgBrock B.jpg

Not a recent mail day of mention w/o some BKB or FB though. A couple nice ones. Tarkenton, who along with Stabler, were my 2 favorites as a kid. This one is /5. Still way cheaper than most HOF QBs who came after him! Tark 5.jpg

Sonny Jurgensen. RC Reprint. Jurgensen.jpg

Singletary. Singletary.jpgOne of the newer cards I actually like better than older ones.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry gang, it's all FB today! Really excited about the lot/set items!

Long. Long.jpg. Gannon. Gannon.jpg

Stop n Go 18 card 1979 set. I didn't realize there were 2 different sets. The 80 set is larger and looks better, but the 78 set has Payton and Staubach. Sadly the 80 set doesn't have much star power. Stop Go.jpg

Then, another large lot of Slim Jim boxes. Near full set, 25 boxes, 50 discs. I think there may have been at least 1 dupe, so 48/70. I must have the set by now, maybe a couple times over between singles, boxes and panels. This is my first Payton (by far the best player in the set, another great oddball set severely lacking in star power - keeps it affordable anyway) box though, to go with a single disc I already had. Slim Jim 1.jpgSLJ2.jpgSLJ3.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Been slow mail days this week

1996 Topps Chrome Master of the Game Refractor - This one isn't as off center as most so I snagged it.
19966 Topps Chrome Masters of the Game Refractor.jpg

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Vida Blue - This one should actually have been in the August New Arrivals thread. It's been floating around USPS in an eBay PWE since Aug 23rd.
Vida Blue.jpg

1994 Front Row/Scoreboard Yogi Berra Auto - I love these old embossed Front Row/Scoreboard autos and sets.
1994 Front Row Yogi Berra.jpg1994 Front Row Yogi Berra Certificate.jpg

Members online

Latest posts