Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oddball Issue - 2002 Upper Deck Collectibles Play Makers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I am snowed in this morning. I haven't found the motivation to shovel the walk yet, so I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and trawling the web for cards. Surprisingly, I just found an Alomar card for my PC that I'd never heard of before - the 2002 Upper Deck Collectibles Play Makers issue.

These "Play Makers" cards were packaged along with bobblehead figures from 2001-2003. From a few searches it seems that most of these were baseball, but other sports are represented as well. There is even a Ben Franklin card for some reason. TCDB has some checklists for some issues.

I haven't gone through all these checklists, but the 2002 baseball checklist is missing some cards. Just for the hell of it, here's what I come up with for the 2002 baseball set:

Pujols
Jeter
Jeter (photo variation)
Sosa
Edgar
Mo Vaughn
A-Roid
Ichiro
Molitor
Bonds
Bonds (photo variation PR 3000)
Alomar
Griffey
ManRam
Clemens
Nomaaaah
Nomaaaah (photo variation)
Giambi
Randy Johnson
Pedro
Pedro (photo variation)
Piazza
Piazza (photo variation)
Schilling
Bernie Williams
Robin Yount
Troy Glaus
Mark Prior
K. Ishii
and last but not least, the man the myth the legend himself...
Bret Boone!

There's also a HOF edition with these 5 players:

Berra
Reggie Jackson
Ryan
Musial
Banks

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Today's update to FCB's most popular thread! I got the Alomar in the mail, a scan is below.

I had to buy the Mets 3-player set to get it, so I have Piazza and Mo Vaughn cards (and bobbleheads) left over.

Attachments

• 2002 Upper Deck Playmakers #RA-2002.jpg
    2002 Upper Deck Playmakers #RA-2002.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've never really looked into these because I assumed there was a checklist. I would like to get some, but the last thing I need is more bulky figurines in my basement!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. Does anyone want these Piazza and Vaughn bobbleheads? Or cards?

TCDB has checklists for 2001-2003. I think the 2002 checklists are now complete and correct, but haven't really looked at the 2001 or 2003 checklists.

Members online

Latest posts