Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OH NO! A's trade Luzardo away for Sterling Marte...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Reports say my A's have traded top pitching prospect Jesus Luzardo to Marlins for Sterling Marte.

Granted, Marte is a super talented, All-Star caliber player but this seems to be too soon to give up on Luzardo, who did struggle mightily earlier this year.

Ugh...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not an As fan and I agree it's early on Lizards, but they traded away someone who's struggled in the majors at every opportunity in addition to having some injuries and they get an all-star whom they don't have to pay, I hear Miami is paying the entirety of his remaining contract, I like this move for Oakland.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I had the same reaction at first. I would have to imagine A's management has soured on him, either because he gets injured a lot or they feel there's something more than a sophomore slump going on with his terrible performance this year. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.

Members online