Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
The black background makes it look pretty chippy, but it's actually not bad at all...

attachment.php

Every time I see one of these I wonder what it would have looked like if more than just that itty bitty Ultra symbol had the cool foil. Like what if Pizzazz and Thomas were all in that cool foil or the team logo or something.
Awesome card and congrats!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
love these cards...especially the Piazza, since Pizazz and Piazza have the same letters. just looks neat.

the version below with the purple foil is the Masterpiece version. i believe only Series 2 had the purple foil on the Masterpiece (similar to Flair Legacy Showcase cards)

PiazzaMike_1998UltraPlatinumMedallion485PZ_22_zps6503f138.jpg

PiazzaMike_1998UltraMasterpiece485PZ_1_merged_zps567d8c14.jpg

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I'm wondering if other Masterpiece cards besides the Pizzazz have the purple foil on the front. My two do not.

1998-ultra-masterpiece-220p.jpg

1998-ultra-masterpiece-475p.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Have we ever determined how rare these 1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve jumbos are, how they were distributed, etc? I don't think Beckett identifies them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Upper-Deck-Choice-Ken-Griffey-Jr-142-Large-Baseball-Card-/321923652186?hash=item4af4251a5a:g:EZsAAOSwe-FU80sF

I honestly don't think they are that rare. I remember seeing a 500 count lot of Griffey a few years ago. I will say that I have never seen any since and I don't know what happened to those either? I have never seen another player either so not really sure I guess?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I honestly don't think they are that rare. I remember seeing a 500 count lot of Griffey a few years ago. I will say that I have never seen any since and I don't know what happened to those either? I have never seen another player either so not really sure I guess?

Thanks for the reply - I remember a couple A-Rods popped up a couple of years ago and a board member bought one.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Got a great deal on a Griffey Elite Prized Collections. Arrived today in a PWE, with a cardboard buffer (inside the penny sleeve!!) in a card saver. This allowed for the top of the card to slip out resulting in a touched top right corner. Not creased but torqued so the refractor line breaks and thus looks like a legit crease. Grumble grumble...

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Got a great deal on a Griffey Elite Prized Collections. Arrived today in a PWE, with a cardboard buffer (inside the penny sleeve!!) in a card saver. This allowed for the top of the card to slip out resulting in a touched top right corner. Not creased but torqued so the refractor line breaks and thus looks like a legit crease. Grumble grumble...

Why do people think shipping using a card saver is ok? I got a game used card and they used a card saver and sure enough, creased at the corners of the piece.

Dec 4, 2008
Highlights from a recent random lot buy. Lots of mid-tier inserts to wade through, but in the midst of it, a few gems! A handful of these have sold already, including both diffractors.

Image.jpgImage (2).jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Just came across this from the January '98 Beckett and figured it topical.

image.jpg

Wouldn't this statement from Pinnacle contradict the supposed fact that there are announced print runs?

Members online

Latest posts