Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OTHANI TO THE DODGERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
As a Dodger fan, this is an interesting signing.

As a collector of Dodger autographs, this is a stab in my heart. I have been patiently waiting for an affordable Mookie Betts since he joined the team and have failed to even come close, and he doesn’t have any recent autos, which doesn’t help. I’m have Freeman as a Brave, but his Dodger auto cards are 2x-3x or more the price and I am not biting at that range.

I believe Ohtani will never be in my price comfort level, unless they just absolutely water the market down. Take a guy like Nomo in comparison, who retired before the certified autograph was commonplace and his universal fan base, he is untouchable with rare certified cards selling for $1000s when they do show. Ohtani is many times more popular than Nomo is I believe, so I am screwed!

I got Robinson, Hodges, Campy, Reese, Snider, Drysdale, Reese, Murray, Koufax, Kershaw, Piazza, Thome, Pujols and everyone else that played for them from the 50s on, a Who’s Who of Hall of Fame Dodgers and my downfall is guys like Betts and Ohtani! Clearly the autograph market has gone complete insane.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just the Japanese advertising both in the Stadium and on the Dodgers station will help pay a lot of the contract.

And I wonder, will it help them land Yamamoto?

Members online

Latest posts