Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies question on a patch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I want to get this card but the patch throws me off. it is from the 2004 season. Why would he have this patch on his uniform?????
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, first year in the park

2004 Philadelphia Phillies season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2004 Philadelphia Phillies season was the 122nd season in the history of the franchise. The Phillies finished in second-place in the National League East with a record of 86-76, ten games behind the Atlanta Braves, and six games behind the NL wild-card champion Houston Astros. The Phillies were managed by their former shortstop Larry Bowa (85-75) and Gary Varsho (1-1), who replaced Bowa on the penultimate day of the season. The Phillies played their first season of home games at Citizens Bank Park, which opened April 12, with the visiting Cincinnati Reds defeating the Phillies, 4-1.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Oh, I get it now. The guy was probably not even in little league in 2004. That is odd. just a way to sell more cards probably. It is Leaf, after all!

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I remember looking at Ohtani patch cards made by Leaf a few years ago and they had the letter R and was so confused. Turns out they had him wear a jersey at an event with RATED ROOKIE stitched on the back instead of his name. Needless to say I passed on those cards.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It seemed like they had the wrong player name but even worse, it was an off-the-rack jersey.

Stott was 6 when the Phils wore that patch. A true prodigy, apparently. But it's "player worn" so he just put it on for a second. Not a gamer or anything like that.

Members online

Latest posts