Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: When Did FCB Jump the Shark?

When did FCB Jump the Shark?

• FCB Bucks

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • FCB Karaoke Contest

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No Pics in Sigs

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It hasn't. Please stop overreacting everyone. I wasn't in favor of turning off the sig pics, but that seems to have reversed.

I'm astonished by the sheer amount of stuff people can't seem to ignore these days.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Ya know, those of you bellyaching do have the option of just going away. This board is FREE to all and I'll just bet that the advertising revenues
do not cover the bills. This site is, thankfully, very entertaining for me and probably others too. Shoo!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Probably with the format change. i understand why it had to happen, it just has never been the same.
Also, the message board format as a whole is on its way out. That has nothing to do with FCB, but
more to do with the way the world works. Twitter is much more entertaining and interactive.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
But in all seriousness, it hasn't. It's the same as it's always been, minus all the people who are babies who can't handle change who took off and all the people who have been banned and/or left because of over-moderation.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When cousin Oliver moved in.

Otherwise, it hasn't.

So what if fcb is #2 behind bo?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Our admins are great.
The large majority of them are, for sure. But I remember a time, when FCB was booming, that you rarely ever saw locked or moved threads and endless mod warnings stifling discussion. You guys thought that 'tightening up the ship' was going to bring more people and keep them here, but it seems to have done the opposite as member involvement has seemingly decreased (minus the FCB bucks hoarding threads) since all that happened. I'm not complaining, I love FCB. But hey, it is what it is.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Probably with the format change. i understand why it had to happen, it just has never been the same.
Also, the message board format as a whole is on its way out. That has nothing to do with FCB, but
more to do with the way the world works. Twitter is much more entertaining and interactive.
This, No matter how you spin it or justify it had to change its been down hill from there.

A_Pharis

The large majority of them are, for sure. But I remember a time, when FCB was booming, that you rarely ever saw locked or moved threads and endless mod warnings stifling discussion. You guys thought that 'tightening up the ship' was going to bring more people and keep them here, but it seems to have done the opposite as member involvement has seemingly decreased (minus the FCB bucks hoarding threads) since all that happened. I'm not complaining, I love FCB. But hey, it is what it is.
"Tightening the ship" is better - more posters or not. We'd rather 1 quality poster over 100 jackasses.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Just the concept of a karaoke contest is pretty hilarious. That said, props to [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] for staying proactive and trying out different things. Some things work and some don't, like [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] said; and nothing will work if nothing is tried.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I don't get why people are still complaining about the format change. It is free, and better in my opinion as more features were added. I honestly don't see anything different.

Latest posts