Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: When Did FCB Jump the Shark?

When did FCB Jump the Shark?

• FCB Bucks

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • FCB Karaoke Contest

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No Pics in Sigs

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgilmo

Administrator
ok [MENTION=2283]HPC[/MENTION] you and [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] are the moderators of that forum

Do with it as you will as long as it complies with the over all rules of the board. You can edit posts in there, create stickies, everything.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
ok @HPC you and @Super Mario are the moderators of that forum

Do with it as you will as long as it complies with the over all rules of the board. You can edit posts in there, create stickies, everything.
Well, while we are on the subject, can you do something about the stupid "Leaf" and "Manufacturer..." forums, especially at the top of the page. Those are seriously not needed. I hate looking at those every time I get on FCB. I'll bet 9 out of 10 prospective new members probably are repulsed by those being at the top of the page, instead of hidden where the select few that use them can find them.
Furthermore, The MMA forum is a waste of space. Another waste is the "Event Tickets" forum... has 2011 still on the first page? The "Misc/ Other Transaction" forum is a waste, too. I thought that topic came up about streamlining forums?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Oahu, Hawaii
Well, while we are on the subject, can you do something about the stupid "Leaf" and "Manufacturer..." forums, especially at the top of the page. Those are seriously not needed. I hate looking at those every time I get on FCB. I'll bet 9 out of 10 prospective new members probably are repulsed by those being at the top of the page
I agree it's ridiculous to have those two forums isolated and at the top of the forums page. It's the first thing newcomers see when they click on forums, and they make a bad first impression:

Besides giving the perception that FCB has a Leaf connection and possible bias, the Manufacturers forum has four threads total, and the Leaf forum has one thread that's been updated in the last two months.

In media terms, why bury the lead? It's just poor design if you're trying to guide new members to the sportscard forums.
Sure it's no big deal to most members, but you want to make it as easy as possible to hook new members, and that's not the way to do it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Are there official limitations on our sigs now? I can't update mine and it's showing me an error... making sure I didn't miss something...

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397018569.507141.jpg

This place isn't over moderated. I've never been banned. I've taken a few mod sponsored short breaks but I deserved those.

My collecting goals and paths have changed and bluntly this site doesn't offer as much for me as it once did. The moment i moved away from baseball to football it became obvious I needed more pigskin interaction.

I still lurk and keep in touch with tons of members. I just don't post much..

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
View attachment 33709

This place isn't over moderated. I've never been banned. I've taken a few mod sponsored short breaks but I deserved those.

My collecting goals and paths have changed and bluntly this site doesn't offer as much for me as it once did. The moment i moved away from baseball to football it became obvious I needed more pigskin interaction.

I still lurk and keep in touch with tons of members. I just don't post much..

That's [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] eating a Yadier Molina card for me!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I haven't been suspended on here. I've got 2 in now at B.O. and I don't know how many on BMB. Probably 50 times, at least.

Jun 30, 2010
Frankly I'm pretty surprised sigs are "bothering" so many people.

Again, the app doesn't show sigs but before it, I always enjoyed seeing the extreme differences in them and also identified the member with it.

Between some insanely valuable cards, rare cards and just awesome banners displayed, I think the removal of them (if that's where it's going) isn't what should happen.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app which isn't appreciated by jbhoffman because he probably doesn't like HTC phones
I am all for the sigs that showcase a card or 3. This is a card forum and these sigs represent that. I don't mind a small business card size advertising or say something like " The #1 Henderson/Tek/Yastrzemski Collector etc. I think it is greats for the community. Long extensive advertising sigs or wantlists should be gotten rid of though. And carefull about the micro managing. I may not like some of the sigs but I can easily get over that for the good of this site. My 2 cents again. Bryan

Last edited:

Members online