Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Probstein - switching to ACH payments from Paypal

kareemowheat

Oct 24, 2012
Have been selling cards via consignment with probstein123 for some time and just recently received an email from them stating they're in the process of switching off Paypal, going to ACH payments for paying out proceeds. Anybody else receive this message? They're asking for bank account info (a/c #, routing #, name/address of bank, etc).....just want to make sure there may be no security concerns providing this info....?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Sounds fishy to me. I don't think there's any reason someone would need to collect your banking info themselves. If anything, shouldn't they be asking you to create an account with the third party payment service?

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Have been selling cards via consignment with probstein123 for some time and just recently received an email from them stating they're in the process of switching off Paypal, going to ACH payments for paying out proceeds. Anybody else receive this message? They're asking for bank account info (a/c #, routing #, name/address of bank, etc).....just want to make sure there may be no security concerns providing this info....?
They emailed you this? Do you have an account with them or like a dashboard to see how much you have made or what cards they are selling for you?

kareemowheat

Oct 24, 2012
They send out spreadsheets after rounds of sales with the final consignment payout (broken down by card and total). Used to pay out via PayPal Friends/Family (no fees) and now stating they're supposedly switching off PayPal to ACH payments....and needing my bank account info. They very well may need that, but I want to make sure it can't be abused.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
They send out spreadsheets after rounds of sales with the final consignment payout (broken down by card and total). Used to pay out via PayPal Friends/Family (no fees) and now stating they're supposedly switching off PayPal to ACH payments....and needing my bank account info. They very well may need that, but I want to make sure it can't be abused.
Good question, maybe ask your bank if you can set it up so they only can do deposits and not withdrawals.

kareemowheat

Oct 24, 2012
Yeah, it sounds like technically if bank account info is provided, withdrawals can be made.....so I did set up a separate account at my credit union for this. Still haven't heard back from Probstein as to exactly why they're making these changes on their side and the concerns I had with this....was just wondering if anyone else had also experienced this.