Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about supplies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Do all Ultra Pro penny sleeves have the little hologram on them? I like their pages, but I'm worried the holograms may leave indentures on the cards if pressed too tight in a rigid or semi-rigid holder.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks. I've never bought any, but I've gotten a few of the Ultra Pro Hologram ones on eBay wins.

Any major difference between the different grades available from Blowout?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i've never actually bought anything from blowout so honestly i'm not sure what all they carry....i get the vast majority of my supplies from columbiasportscard on ebay.....they carry most brands of soft sleeves , album pages , team bags , and numerous size top loaders .....from my experience , they are normally the lowest price i find (often by a wide margin).....i usually get either bcw , cardboardgold , or ultra pro and in nearly 5 years of using them , i've never had a single problem......

a couple tips if you do choose to try them :
1) they usually have 4-5 listings for the same item , each listed as a BIN but with vastly different prices....look around and you should find one very low one....once a purchase has been made , the BIN automatically drops a small percentage so one listing will keep dropping til it is out of stock and then the process will repeat on the next listing.....
2) can't say it is ALWAYS ongoing , but USUALLY they offer a $5 discount for every 3 items purchased (with a minimum price of something like either $10 or $20 each)....i try to make sure i'm getting either 3 or 6 items each time to maximize the discounts....before any discounts , you can usually get cases of sleeves (100 packs of 100) in the $41-45 range , cases of regular size top loaders (40 packs of 25) in the $49-55 range , and cases of album pages (10 packs of 100) in the $105-110 range)....

Last edited:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
i've never actually bought anything from blowout so honestly i'm not sure what all they carry....i get the vast majority of my supplies from columbiasportscard on ebay.....they carry most brands of soft sleeves , album pages , team bags , and numerous size top loaders .....from my experience , they are normally the lowest price i find (often by a wide margin).....i usually get either bcw , cardboardgold , or ultra pro and in nearly 5 years of using them , i've never had a single problem......

a couple tips if you do choose to try them :
1) they usually have 4-5 listings for the same item , each listed as a BIN but with vastly different prices....look around and you should find one very low one....once a purchase has been made , the BIN automatically drops a small percentage so one listing will keep dropping til it is out of stock and then the process will repeat on the next listing.....
2) can't say it is ALWAYS ongoing , but USUALLY they offer a $5 discount for every 3 items purchased (with a minimum price of something like either $10 or $20 each)....i try to make sure i'm getting either 3 or 6 items each time to maximize the discounts....before any discounts , you can usually get cases of sleeves (100 packs of 100) in the $41-45 range , cases of regular size top loaders (40 packs of 25) in the $49-55 range , and cases of album pages (10 packs of 100) in the $105-110 range)....

I buy most all of my supplies from the same place as well. They are almost always the cheapest.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The ultra pro sleeves you're referring to are usually used for gaming purposes. The regular penny sleeves will not have a hologram, or anything for that matter, on them.

BTW, if you're hard up for penny sleeves or regular toploaders, they can be purchased at Walmart in the actual store(not sure about online). I've often wondered about the difference in quality, as there does appear to be a slight improvement in quality with the supplies I get when I buy them at the hobby shop, but the ones at Walmart tend to do just fine. Never had any problem with them. But...whatever you do, do not buy the album pages at Walmart that they carry. Very cheap quality. Not worth it. Might as well buy them from a hobby shop and get the nice quality ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts