Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Chyna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Triple H and Stephanie responded regarding her death but I bet they are glad she's gone because she was negative publicity for them and they would not give her the time of day to even speak to her regarding the HOF. They just had to say something nice to "look like" professionals.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Addictions start as a choice.

You are correct for some people. Those who inject or ingest a drug just to look cool or be cool, I really don't have an issue with your stance. There is a lot of this going on and it makes the once decent person into a bad person instantly.

For others, it was brought upon them by someone else. You read and hear more and more every day that people are sleeping and their significant other or buddy injects them with something to get them high too. Some are injected after being drunk, high on something else or forced to take the needle because someone is literally holding a gun to their head. It's the 'ole servant, test the wine for the king thing. Some addicts are injected with so much medication when they're in a hospital for unrelated issues and the doctors keep giving them one pain medication after another to where the street drugs are the only relief they can get. Sooner or later the drugs are going to take control of their thought processes and body functions to where the person is dead or does permanent damage to their body.

Most junkies don't have a support system and they cant afford the proper rehab they need.

Chyna wasn't exactly a sought after performer any more. WWE/TNA/Independents didn't want her. Sure she did personal appearances but I'm sure those paid less than $5,000 per appearance and almost always had to pay for their own travel/lodging. **** didn't want her either and it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't catch an STD (HIV) from working in that environment. I'm sure her use of steroids and what other drugs the locker room pharmacists got her hooked on didn't help her cause none. The **** industry isn't exactly innocent either with how they pay their performers. All you have to do is watch some of the flicks and you can see some of the girls are way out of their minds when performing.

My family is somewhat on the front lines of helping others deal with heroin and other substance abuses. If you read the morning threads, I post about it sometimes with what my family does to help those affected by adult decisions. With all the kids we've taken in over the past 5 years, parent heroin OD's have been 95% of the cases. Usually the kids end up with a suitable relative but there are those that end up in children's homes until they're emancipated by the state or graduated with HS diploma.

Just though I'd shed some light on whether addiction is always a choice.

Fordman

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You are correct for some people. Those who inject or ingest a drug just to look cool or be cool, I really don't have an issue with your stance. There is a lot of this going on and it makes the once decent person into a bad person instantly.

For others, it was brought upon them by someone else. You read and hear more and more every day that people are sleeping and their significant other or buddy injects them with something to get them high too. Some are injected after being drunk, high on something else or forced to take the needle because someone is literally holding a gun to their head. It's the 'ole servant, test the wine for the king thing. Some addicts are injected with so much medication when they're in a hospital for unrelated issues and the doctors keep giving them one pain medication after another to where the street drugs are the only relief they can get. Sooner or later the drugs are going to take control of their thought processes and body functions to where the person is dead or does permanent damage to their body.

Most junkies don't have a support system and they cant afford the proper rehab they need.

Chyna wasn't exactly a sought after performer any more. WWE/TNA/Independents didn't want her. Sure she did personal appearances but I'm sure those paid less than $5,000 per appearance and almost always had to pay for their own travel/lodging. **** didn't want her either and it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't catch an STD (HIV) from working in that environment. I'm sure her use of steroids and what other drugs the locker room pharmacists got her hooked on didn't help her cause none. The **** industry isn't exactly innocent either with how they pay their performers. All you have to do is watch some of the flicks and you can see some of the girls are way out of their minds when performing.

My family is somewhat on the front lines of helping others deal with heroin and other substance abuses. If you read the morning threads, I post about it sometimes with what my family does to help those affected by adult decisions. With all the kids we've taken in over the past 5 years, parent heroin OD's have been 95% of the cases. Usually the kids end up with a suitable relative but there are those that end up in children's homes until they're emancipated by the state or graduated with HS diploma.

Just though I'd shed some light on whether addiction is always a choice.

Fordman

Even if you're an addict who got hooked after trying a substance once because you were curious or wanted to be cool or whatever the reason may have been, I still don't understand the people who have the "good riddance they brought it upon themselves" attitude. Those people are saying that one decision, not intended to cause harm to anyone but themselves, warrants the death of that person. That person made a mistake, plain and simple. Whether it was an inability to avoid peer pressure, lack of education about drugs, or whatever the reason it's one mistake that's again not intended to cause any harm to others. I guess the people who feel that way have never made a mistake in their lives.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Even if you're an addict who got hooked after trying a substance once because you were curious or wanted to be cool or whatever the reason may have been, I still don't understand the people who have the "good riddance they brought it upon themselves" attitude. Those people are saying that one decision, not intended to cause harm to anyone but themselves, warrants the death of that person. That person made a mistake, plain and simple. Whether it was an inability to avoid peer pressure, lack of education about drugs, or whatever the reason it's one mistake that's again not intended to cause any harm to others. I guess the people who feel that way have never made a mistake in their lives.

Most people's perception of addicts are what they see on Breaking Bad; Jessie Pinkman and the ilk on there.

I agree that everyone deserves a second chance but there are those that have rehab'd and gone right back to using over and over again. When they've lost their support group because they decide to use after being rehab'd over and over, it's hard for those of us that deal with them to feel any empathy for them after they've burned a lot of bridges. There are astronomical costs involved with rehab. Sooner rather than later it's like throwing money into a lost cause. I used to feel that every one needed second, third, fourth, fifth chances but when it's the same people doing the same thing over and over, it's hard to ask for money to rehab Johnny for the 7th time. Same with a thief or DUI offender.

A lot of local govt's don't even want to allocate money anymore to these type of programs because of the repeat offenders. When you look to faith based programs, most of the churches will tell you NO because the person doesn't go to their church so they're not willing to help.

I a Democrat and believe in a lot of social causes, but some aren't worth the fight after the 6th rehab. I know it sounds mean and I sound like I don't care, but I really do. My family cleans up a lot of the collateral damage that these people do to a lot of innocent kids. It's hard to feel bad for the repeat offender when you see these kids and the shape they come to us in.

Fordman

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Most people's perception of addicts are what they see on Breaking Bad; Jessie Pinkman and the ilk on there.

I agree that everyone deserves a second chance but there are those that have rehab'd and gone right back to using over and over again. When they've lost their support group because they decide to use after being rehab'd over and over, it's hard for those of us that deal with them to feel any empathy for them after they've burned a lot of bridges. There are astronomical costs involved with rehab. Sooner rather than later it's like throwing money into a lost cause. I used to feel that every one needed second, third, fourth, fifth chances but when it's the same people doing the same thing over and over, it's hard to ask for money to rehab Johnny for the 7th time. Same with a thief or DUI offender.

A lot of local govt's don't even want to allocate money anymore to these type of programs because of the repeat offenders. When you look to faith based programs, most of the churches will tell you NO because the person doesn't go to their church so they're not willing to help.

I a Democrat and believe in a lot of social causes, but some aren't worth the fight after the 6th rehab. I know it sounds mean and I sound like I don't care, but I really do. My family cleans up a lot of the collateral damage that these people do to a lot of innocent kids. It's hard to feel bad for the repeat offender when you see these kids and the shape they come to us in.

Fordman

I don't disagree with what you said and I think your family does a lot of good in working with people who most have given up on including their own families. The question I argued though was whether or not you should feel bad for someone who tried drugs for recreational purposes (not by force), got hooked that way, and ended up dead from excessive drug use years later. I get that it all started as a choice, but I really don't know any kind of societal phenomenon where one mistake that is not intended to cause anyone harm can turn a perfect life into absolute hell. You probably know better than anyone that the true addicts who go through this are just not able to stop. They're ready to throw away all their family ties, friends, valuables, health, etc. just to feel a certain way. To me that sounds like an illness, an illness that has no rationality behind it for most making it that much tougher to treat.

I agree with you about the societal burdens brought on by addicts, that's undeniable, but to not feel any sympathy for someone who tried something one time and never looked back is cold. To say that they deserved death is a notch above that. The poster who went to town on Chyna in this thread is a completely uneducated POS if you ask me.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah freaking blah.

Wah wah wah. Boo hoo hoo.

That's all I see.

I partly agree with your above statements, but lets not start a war. I do believe that is not something you just scream out on a forum, just saying

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
All I can say is R.I.P. to someone who provided folks entertainment in the business I love. And, while I was not a huge fan of DX, I was of the Eddie / Mamacita angle. More so for Eddie, but Chyna played a good opposite to Mr. Guerrero.

And, while we may not all agree on how she died or what was part of her past, someone lost a daughter, an aunt, a niece, a sister, a good friend. No matter the circumstances, they grieve, as they've lost someone close to them.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Russo has a tribute to her on YouTube.

He completely goes off on Vince, Stephanie, hhh and even jr.

It's over an hour but well worth it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online